    hello, is there a way using framesets, to click on one frameset
    (example: an image) and then for it to then load another two images and
    a new image in itself?
    lashnjo, Aug 19, 2006

  2. lashnjo

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    "lashnjo" <> wrote:

    > hello, is there a way using framesets, to click on one frameset
    > (example: an image) and then for it to then load another two images and
    > a new image in itself?

    You can click on a link in one frame and make a different
    frameset appear, thus probably achieving this immediate goal. You
    need to get a tute on frames, millions to google from. If you get
    stuck on anything, come back - but do try to narrow it down to
    what you are really stuck on.

    (and risk being beaten to within 1mm of your life by the frame
    hunters and killers that lurk in these waters. But don't worry,
    you will learn stuff.)

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Aug 19, 2006

  3. lashnjo

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, "lashnjo" <>
    vouchsafed:

    > hello, is there a way using framesets, to click on one frameset
    > (example: an image) and then for it to then load another two images and
    > a new image in itself?

    Yes, but the means have been replaced by improved methods of page
    manipulation.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.
    Neredbojias, Aug 19, 2006
  4. lashnjo

    Paul Watt Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > In article
    > <>,
    > "lashnjo" <> wrote:
    >
    >> hello, is there a way using framesets, to click on one frameset
    >> (example: an image) and then for it to then load another two images and
    >> a new image in itself?

    > You can click on a link in one frame and make a different
    > frameset appear, thus probably achieving this immediate goal. You
    > need to get a tute on frames, millions to google from. If you get
    > stuck on anything, come back - but do try to narrow it down to
    > what you are really stuck on.
    >
    > (and risk being beaten to within 1mm of your life by the frame
    > hunters and killers that lurk in these waters. But don't worry,
    > you will learn stuff.)

    *straps on Frame hunting clothes and picks up Frame killing rifle*

    --
    Cheers

    Paul
    le singe est dans l'arbre
    http://www.paulwatt.info
    Paul Watt, Aug 19, 2006
  5. lashnjo

    Lashnjo Guest

    yeah thanks for educating me, but can you tell me the other ways to do
    it?

    Lashnjo, Aug 19, 2006
  6. lashnjo

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    "Lashnjo" <> wrote:

    > yeah thanks for educating me, but can you tell me the other ways to do
    > it?
    > Paul Watt wrote:
    > > "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > > > In article
    > > > <>,

    > > > You can click on a link in one frame and make a different
    > > > frameset appear, thus probably achieving this immediate goal. You
    > > > need to get a tute on frames, millions to google from. If you get
    > > > stuck on anything, come back - but do try to narrow it down to
    > > > what you are really stuck on.
    > > >
    > > > (and risk being beaten to within 1mm of your life by the frame
    > > > hunters and killers that lurk in these waters. But don't worry,
    > > > you will learn stuff.)

    Originally you asked:

    "is there a way using framesets, to click on one frameset
    (example: an image) and then for it to then load another two
    images and a new image in itself?"

    You can do this in frames, as I said, or probably with help of
    javascript. But the latter also has accessibilty issues (in
    short, not all folk have it turned on).

    There are complex other ways to do it no doubt via server side
    files.

    But if you want to do it simple, do this. Make an ordinary html
    page. Make the image concerned a link. Let the link go to another
    html page on which is all the things you want to see in your
    example, ie. two other images as well as the original (this last
    is simply repeated).

    Now, what do you want to know?

    --
    dorayme