Framework 1.0 ad 1.1 running side by side configuration problems?

Juan Posadas

All,
I deployed my website that requires V1.1 in the
production server. I installed the framework v1.1 with
the dotnetfx.exe /c:"install /noaspupgrade" and
everything went fine.

Then, I installed my app via and installation pkg.
without a proble,
Then, I ran the following command to tell IIS to run my
app with V1.1
aspnet_regiis.exe w3svc\1\1root\Myapp
which did the job.

However, when I try to run it it gives me a blank page:
Page caanot be displayed
TTP Error 500.

Q1. How can I make visible the actual error rather than
the default error page?
Q2. Should be 2 separate ASP.Net processes running for
the 2 diiferent versions: aspnet_wp.exe?
Q3. Do I need to configure something on the IIS?

I remembered that when I installed V1.0 long time ago, I
had to start the aspnet_wp.exe manually for the fist
time.

PS: I deployed the same app in two other testing-servers
and they worked fine. However, they only had V1.1
installed.

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Juan,

I have reviewed your issue. Due to the nature of your issue I need to do
additional research to determine the best way to provide assistance.

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
Microsoft Online Partner Support
<MCSD>

Juan Posadas

Jacob,
Thank you for your effort. Actually, the problem is
that I'm running both framework versions side by side in
the same server. When I installed the V1.1 I did it
as "noaspupgrade" not to affect any website on the
server. In order to make my website use the new release I
had to run the aspnet_regiis.exe w3svc\1\1root\Myapp from
the new release directory. Thus, when I see the
properties for this website it DOES reflect the change;
however, when I run it (Login.aspx) It does not egt
serviced (Page cannot be displayed. Error on the server)

Thank you for your help in advance.

JP

Natty Gur

Hi,

check if isapifilter of the site/computer is set to the 1.1 framework.

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
34th Elkalay st. Raanana
Israel , 43000
Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)9-7740261
Fax: +972-(0)9-7740261
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

HI Juan,

Please perform the following steps on your side and tell me if you see any
new error message:

1) Open Internet Explorer.
2) On the "Tools" menu, click "Internet Options".
3) In the "Internet Options" dialog box, click "Advanced".
4) Click to clear the "Show friendly HTTP error messages " check box.
5) Click "Apply" and "OK".
6) Test your web application again

Best regrds,