Framework 1.1 broke ado

martin

Hi,

I have an intranet that runs on a win 2k box. This win 2k box is a domain
controller.
The intranet has absolutly nothing to do with .dot net all. It is wriiten in
classic asp and uses ado to talk to an access database.

well all has been fine with the this intranet, however recently framework
1.1 was placed on the server.
Upon installing this, the install program notified us that it was stopping
all web sites (basically stopping IIS)
Upon restarting IIS when the framework was reinstalled the intranet was
broke with the following error

Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01AD)
ActiveX component can't create object

all this line is doing is creating an ado connection

as in

objConn = server.createobject("ADODB.CONNECTION")

does anybody have any advice that they can offer.

cheers

martin.

Mark Fitzpatrick

Have you checked the permissoins? If there was an error with the ADO objects
being un-registered then it would generate a classid error. It could be also
permissions are lacking on the msado dll file and not just the web sites.

Hope this helps
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP- FrontPage

martin