Framework 1.1 upgrade and ISAPI Filter Change Not Working

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jeremy, Aug 29, 2003.

  1. Jeremy

    Jeremy Guest

    Hi there,

    We recently upgraded to the 1.1 framework, and of course,
    all of our 1.0 asp.net apps starting using the 1.1
    framework, which we didn't want to happen.

    I found an MS article saying if you modify the ISAPI
    filter setting in IIS for the site to point to the 1.0
    aspnet_filter.dll, your app will then use the 1.0
    framework.

    (see http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?
    url=/library/en-us/dnnetdep/html/sidexsidenet.asp,
    the "configuring web apps" section)

    However, after I do this it still continues to use the
    1.1 framework, it doesn't seem to care what is set in the
    ISAPI filter tab of IIS.

    My workaround is to go into IIS admin, to the "home
    Directory" tab and then click on "configuration".

    On the "App Mappings" tab I set everything that is
    pointing to asp_isapi.dll for 1.1 to the 1.0 version of
    it, and after that everything seems to work fine.

    Anyone have any idea why the isapi mapping isn't making
    my web app use the 1.0 framework? Everything I've seen
    in documentation says this should do the trick. It would
    be a real pain to have to change everything in the "app
    mappings" tab for all the sites I want to use the 1.0
    framework.

    Thanks
    Jeremy, Aug 29, 2003

  2. Jeremy

    jeremy Guest

    Thanks Mark, that was just the kind of info I was looking
    for.

    and 1.1"

    >http://www.asp.net/faq/SideBySide.aspx
    >
    >I have read it and it seems to address some of these

    issues.

    jeremy, Aug 29, 2003