Framework 2.0 is installed on Server 2003 but IIS stays with ASP.NET V1

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jean-Marie, Apr 13, 2006.

  1. Jean-Marie

    Jean-Marie Guest

    Hi,

    I have an issue with IIS installation in Server 2003 : I can't change
    ASP.NET version from V1.1.4322 to V2.0.0727 in Service web extension tab of
    IIS to make it match with my site. The web site is OK for a static normal
    page, but give a HTTP 404 error for a static page made with Visual Studio
    2005.

    I have same issue with upper level in IIS ("site web").

    Installed .NET Framework Version is V2.0, V1 is not installed.

    Installation of Windows Server 2003, .NET Framework 2.0 ans SQL Server 2005
    was performed on the server by the supplier, I don't know which installation
    sequence was used.

    How can I tell IIS to use .NET Framework Version V2.0 ?

    Thanks for your help.

    Jean-Marie
    Jean-Marie, Apr 13, 2006

  2. RE: Framework 2.0 is installed on Server 2003 but IIS stays with ASP.N

    Go to IIS console manager, right click on Web Sites, go to properties and you
    should see an ASP.NET Tab. Go there, you can change what framework version to
    use for IIS or you can do by web site. Currently I have sites on my server
    running .NET 1.1 and sites running under .NET 2.0

    =?Utf-8?B?Q1NoYXJwZ3V5?=, Apr 13, 2006

  3. Go to the bin directory of the 2.0 framework and type aspnet_regiis -i
    which will make sure the .net 2.0 hooks are available.

    Stephen Barrett, Apr 13, 2006
  4. Hi Jean,

    As other members have mentioned, after you installed .net framework 2.0, in
    the IIS's management console, the application virtual directory(or IIS
    SITE)'s property dialog will contain an additional tab named "ASPNET", you
    can configure the ASP.NET extension version through that tab.

    Also, .net framework ships a commandline utility with the
    framework------aspnet_regiis.exe, you can use it to configure the IIS
    virutal directory or site's ASP.NET extension mapping(through IIS metabase
    path):

    #ASP.NET IIS Registration Tool (Aspnet_regiis.exe)
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cptools/html/cpgrfASPNETIISRegistrat
    ionToolAspnet_regiisexe.asp?frame=true

    Hope this also helps.

    Regards,