    framework or plugin that allow me to do that, please let me know.

    Thanks in advance.

    , Aug 31, 2006

  2. Chris Smith Guest

    <> wrote:
    > I'm looking for a framework that allow me to map text files into
    > tables.

    What do you mean by a framework? There's no obvious reason to desire a
    "framework" for this task in most common senses of the term. Perhaps
    you can be clearer about what you're looking for?

    > I need to load files with different structures into one or many tables
    > under some customer-specific rules. I was searching for a while but it
    > looks like there isn't anything like that, so if any of you knows a
    > framework or plugin that allow me to do that, please let me know.

    Are the files in some well-known format? If not, then you will
    unavoidably need to write your own code to read them. Once you've read
    the files, and if you understand the database schema, it shouldn't be
    too difficult to write the SQL statements to import them into a
    database.

    --
    Chris Smith

    Chris Smith, Aug 31, 2006