Framework help: Can HTML::Template do this? If not, what CPAN module can?

bill.raty

I'm trying not to reinvent the wheel, but I'm having difficulty
determining if the wheel I'm needing has been invented.

I've looked at HTML::Template POD, and I get the basic concept. In my
ignorance I'm failing to see how I can apply it to my problem, and if
there are other CPAN modules that are better suited to my task.

I want to have a DWIMy page component system so that page controls can
be called out and "Do The Right Thing". Example:

I have a calendar input widget set that requires pieces of HTML,
JavaScript, and CSS, which need to be exposed in the container page; a
script tag in the "head", a 'div' that needs to appear early on inside
the "body" tag, and the 'input' tag that has event handlers that use
the earlier script tag.

I'd like a system that abstract the container page, that lets me
develop the calendar control component as if it were the containing
page, but when added/included/embedded in the container page the system
smartly places the control component elements in the correct part of
the containing page. The clincher is the second add of the calendar
widget doesn't duplicate the 'script' and 'div' tags, but only
interjects the 'input' tag for the second control.