Framework Installation & Deployment Confusion

Guest

I am new to .NET developmet so please excuse any stupid questions.

I am trying to develop a web application that will include data forms and
crystal reports. Our infrastructure is such that within our domain we have
SQL Server on one server (Windows Server 2003), IIS on a seperate server
(2003 Webserver), the primary domain controller is currently a Windows 2000
SBS, I am using XP.

My question is this, is there a specific way that the .Net framework should
be installed across the domain so that access is not denied, (No problems on
my locally installed sql server), when the data form attempts to retrieve
data. I used the wizards to begin with and the data connector etc were
created fine. I managed to get it working eventually using domain account
impersonation (I think) after adding a specific account to the domain. After
all the tweaking I had to do, I don't know whether I have changed the
original set-up, the framework had been installed on the PDC but I thought
that an asp .net account was added as part of this, although I may have
deleted this.

I realise that this may all sound like complete garbage but I would
appreciate any pointers.

Kevin Spencer

When you install the .Net Framework, an ASP.Net account IS created. This
account, however, for security reasons, is very underpriveleged. You can
either configure ASP.Net to use a different account, or grant the necessary
privileges to the default ASP.Net account. It sounds like you've done the
former.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer