Framework or sample site for SaaS model?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mike Cain, Jul 18, 2007.

  1. Mike Cain

    Mike Cain Guest

    Hi all! I'm looking to offer a software product using the SaaS model. This
    of course will require that I build a web site where customers can sign up,
    log in, manage their membership and billing options, and of course use the
    software over the web.

    Can someone recommend a good sample site or other type of site framework
    that I can use to quickly build out the software infrastructure for this
    site?

    In other words, I'm sure things like member sign up, log in, adding/editing
    account/billing details and all that typical account/user management stuff
    are common elements of web sites these days, especially those that use a
    SaaS model. I'd rather not reinvent the wheel. Of course the portion of
    the site where I deliver my software as a service would be unique. But many
    of the other functions are common and I prefer to leverage existing code as
    much as possible.

    I've read about DotNetDuke which sounds like it could work somewhat, but it
    also sounds more like a content management system. I really am not
    interested in a CMS type of site. Mainly I just want to build out the
    infrastucture parts of the web site (as mentioned above) using as many
    pre-made parts as possible.

    Can someone please point me to some resources for this? Commercial solutions
    are fine too.

    Thanks!!
    Mike Cain, Jul 18, 2007