Frameworks that cover both GUI and DB parts of the application

Joshua Levy

I would like to develop, in Java, a pretty basic database application.
I already know the objects that the users will want to manipulate
and the actions those objects will need to support. I am looking
for a Java framework which will do as much of the GUI and databaes
work for me as possible. I don't care much about the database side,
so it can do ALL of that. I will need to customize the GUI side of
things. I've seen lots of frameworks for connecting java classes
to databases, but that is only half of what I want.

I'm currently researching Naked Objects (www.nakedobjects.com), but am
wondering if there are other frameworks that do similar things.

Technical stuff: This is a conventional application, not a web thing.
I would develop on PCs. The database must be inexpensive and easy for
my customers to install. The database schema is pretty simple, but I
would like many of the actions to have "wizard like" behavior, so the
user would be led through answering questions for data for the action.

Thanks in advance.

Joshua