Frameworks that cover both GUI and DB parts of the application

Discussion in 'Java' started by Joshua Levy, Oct 12, 2004.

  1. Joshua Levy

    Joshua Levy Guest

    I would like to develop, in Java, a pretty basic database application.
    I already know the objects that the users will want to manipulate
    and the actions those objects will need to support. I am looking
    for a Java framework which will do as much of the GUI and databaes
    work for me as possible. I don't care much about the database side,
    so it can do ALL of that. I will need to customize the GUI side of
    things. I've seen lots of frameworks for connecting java classes
    to databases, but that is only half of what I want.

    I'm currently researching Naked Objects (www.nakedobjects.com), but am
    wondering if there are other frameworks that do similar things.

    Technical stuff: This is a conventional application, not a web thing.
    I would develop on PCs. The database must be inexpensive and easy for
    my customers to install. The database schema is pretty simple, but I
    would like many of the actions to have "wizard like" behavior, so the
    user would be led through answering questions for data for the action.

    Thanks in advance.

    Joshua

    Joshua Levy, Oct 12, 2004