Free C++ IDE for linux

Motaz Saad

Dear all,
could any one direct me to Free C++ IDE for linux that have auto
complete and list members features, especially with STL.
I use STL for my programs, and what I am looking for is when u type a
dot operator after vector instance it will list all public vector
members.
Thanks in advance

Motaz Khalid Saad.
Department Of Computer Science
Information Technology College
Islamic University - Gaza - Palestine
http://www.iugaza.edu.ps
http://www.geocities.com/motsad
e-mail: (e-mail address removed) , (e-mail address removed)

Nikos Chantziaras

Motaz said:
could any one direct me to Free C++ IDE for linux that have auto
complete and list members features, especially with STL.

Not 100% sure, but I think Eclipse can do this. (Google for "Eclipse
IDE".) Make sure to download the correct packages though, as Eclipse
only supports Java by default. The C++ plugin is an extra download.

Adolph Weidanz

Motaz Saad

thanks for replying,
i tried it, but this feature work with java projects and does not work
with c++ projects.
I checked out the editor settings and it is set to triggers for (.) dot
operator, (->) operator and :):) operator for auto completion
(proposal).
but it does not work with me :(

benben

thanks for replying,
i tried it, but this feature work with java projects and does not work
with c++ projects.
I checked out the editor settings and it is set to triggers for (.) dot
operator, (->) operator and :):) operator for auto completion
(proposal).
but it does not work with me :(

You have to reach CTRL + SPACE to bring up the autocompletion list. This is
really just a compromise because (maybe with Java) the autocomplete feature
always lags, and that'd be a nuissance to wait a couple seconds everytime
you type . -> :: even if you don't need its hint.

Ben