    http://www.iugaza.edu.ps
    http://www.geocities.com/motsad
    e-mail: ,
    Motaz Saad, Aug 14, 2005

  2. Motaz Saad wrote:

    > could any one direct me to Free C++ IDE for linux that have auto
    > complete and list members features, especially with STL.

    Not 100% sure, but I think Eclipse can do this. (Google for "Eclipse
    IDE".) Make sure to download the correct packages though, as Eclipse
    only supports Java by default. The C++ plugin is an extra download.
    Nikos Chantziaras, Aug 14, 2005

    Adolph Weidanz, Aug 14, 2005
  4. Motaz Saad

    Motaz Saad Guest

    thanks for replying,
    i tried it, but this feature work with java projects and does not work
    with c++ projects.
    I checked out the editor settings and it is set to triggers for (.) dot
    operator, (->) operator and :):) operator for auto completion
    (proposal).
    but it does not work with me :(
    Motaz Saad, Aug 15, 2005
  5. Motaz Saad

    benben Guest

    > thanks for replying,
    > i tried it, but this feature work with java projects and does not work
    > with c++ projects.
    > I checked out the editor settings and it is set to triggers for (.) dot
    > operator, (->) operator and :):) operator for auto completion
    > (proposal).
    > but it does not work with me :(

    You have to reach CTRL + SPACE to bring up the autocompletion list. This is
    really just a compromise because (maybe with Java) the autocomplete feature
    always lags, and that'd be a nuissance to wait a couple seconds everytime
    you type . -> :: even if you don't need its hint.

    Ben
    benben, Aug 16, 2005