Free C++ Lint

Egon Rath

Hello,

i am searching a free c++ linting software. Google'd for such a software
but unfortunately found nothing :(

Has anyone a link where i can find one - or does a free c++ linter
simply does not exist?

Thanks, Egon

red floyd

Egon said:
Hello,

i am searching a free c++ linting software. Google'd for such a software
but unfortunately found nothing :(

Has anyone a link where i can find one - or does a free c++ linter
simply does not exist?

Thanks, Egon

google is your friend. Looking for +lint +gpl, the third item gives the
answer.

Ioannis Vranos

red said:
google is your friend. Looking for +lint +gpl, the third item gives the
answer.

I can't understand why "+" are needed there, and the third item is
something French about Perl.

Mike Wahler

Ioannis Vranos said:
I can't understand why "+" are needed there, and the third item is
something French about Perl.

Cool, French pearls. :)

Some search engines require(d) prefixing '+' to keywords
to indicate 'and' instead of 'or'. I don't know if google
ever did this, but currently, 'and' is assumed. See the
google help pages for details about how to build a google
query.

-Mike

red floyd

Ioannis said:
I can't understand why "+" are needed there, and the third item is
something French about Perl.
I don't know why you got French Perl, but I got a comment talking about
LClint from gnu.org as the third response.

The "+" means, "require this word".

KTC

Ioannis Vranos said:
See in the picture attached what I got.

His thrid item is on results returned by google.com. In your case,
it'll be the first (top) one.

anoopsaha

iam not sure about the third link from google.
but u can use splint on linux systems..
Its quiet neat!!

Ioannis Vranos

KTC said:
His thrid item is on results returned by google.com. In your case,
it'll be the first (top) one.

Thanks, however Splint is for C, not C++.