    Piotr Guest

    What is the simple function checking free disk space ?
    thank you
    Piotr, Oct 21, 2003

  2. "Piotr" <> wrote in message
    news:bn38lk$2fmf$...
    > What is the simple function checking free disk space ?

    Standard C++ does not have a function for checking free disk space, you
    will have to use a platform specific function for this.

    --
    Peter van Merkerk
    peter.van.merkerk(at)dse.nl
    Peter van Merkerk, Oct 21, 2003

  3. Piotr

    David Rubin Guest

    [OT] Re: free disk space

    Piotr wrote:

    > What is the simple function checking free disk space ?
    > thank you

    df

    -- unknown
    David Rubin, Oct 21, 2003
  4. Re: [OT] Re: free disk space

    David Rubin wrote:

    > Piotr wrote:
    >
    >>What is the simple function checking free disk space ?
    >>thank you

    > df

    I tried this command on my embbed system with a
    proprietary operating system and the command didn't
    work. Any suggestions?

    Also, my platform doesn't have a disk.
    Any suggestions?

    (Hint: platform specific answers should be supplied
    in a platform specific newsgroup.)

    --
    Thomas Matthews

    C++ newsgroup welcome message:
    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
    Other sites:
    Thomas Matthews, Oct 21, 2003
  5. Piotr

    David Rubin Guest

    Re: [OT] Re: free disk space

    Thomas Matthews wrote:

    > David Rubin wrote:
    >
    > > Piotr wrote:
    > >
    > >>What is the simple function checking free disk space ?
    > >>thank you

    > > df
    > >

    > I tried this command on my embbed system with a
    > proprietary operating system and the command didn't
    > work. Any suggestions?

    No. OT questions and responses are unqualified and unsupported.

    > Also, my platform doesn't have a disk.
    > Any suggestions?

    Don't ask about finding the remaining disk space if you don't have a
    disk?

    > (Hint: platform specific answers should be supplied
    > in a platform specific newsgroup.)

    Thanks.

    /david

    -- unknown
    David Rubin, Oct 21, 2003
  6. Re: [OT] Re: free disk space

    David Rubin <> spoke thus:

    >> I tried this command on my embbed system with a
    >> proprietary operating system and the command didn't
    >> work. Any suggestions?

    > No. OT questions and responses are unqualified and unsupported.

    Check your post parser, I think it missed the implied <sarcasm> tags there ;)

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Oct 21, 2003