Free Download Lectures of C and C++ and many more

alamzeb

For free Download Lectures of C and C++ and Presentation related to
the field of Computer Science.Visit
http://computerscienceppt.blogspot.com/
This blog include all the relevant subject related to the field of
Computer Science.
This blog will help computer science teachers as well as students in
their educational career.

Gene

For free Download Lectures of C and C++ and Presentation related to
the field of Computer Science.Visit http://computerscienceppt.blogspot.com/
This blog include all the relevant subject related to the field of
Computer Science.
This blog will help computer science teachers as well as students in
their educational career.

It's borderline unethical to list the slide content of Bjarne
Stroustrups's book in your blog without either mentioning that they're
his or that they're connected with the book. http://www.stroustrup.com/Programming/

Gene

No man, don't worry, you can find the reference to Bjarne Stroustrup
on the first slide, simply because they are his:

http://www.stroustrup.com/Programming/lecture-slides.html

They are simply linked to the original slides of the original site.

Yes, man. It's just plain wrong for a blog with Google ads displayed
to reference copyrighted materials prepared by another person with no
mention of that person on the site. Relying on a user to figure out
that links are merely shortcircuits to someone else's intellectual
property is bogus. If I were Bjarne, I'd be asking my publisher's
lawyers to go after an appropriate share of the Google ad income -
approximately 100%.

Seebs

Yes, man. It's just plain wrong for a blog with Google ads displayed
to reference copyrighted materials prepared by another person with no
mention of that person on the site.
lolwut?

Relying on a user to figure out
that links are merely shortcircuits to someone else's intellectual
property is bogus.

If a user doesn't know that links can go to other sites, I think the
user has just failed the "reasonable man" tests usually used in cases
like this.

I guess I'm not seeing the issue. If I post a link to something, I
assume users will notice that the link goes somewhere.

-s

Gene

If a user doesn't know that links can go to other sites, I think the
user has just failed the "reasonable man" tests usually used in cases
like this.

I guess I'm not seeing the issue.  If I post a link to something, I
assume users will notice that the link goes somewhere.

-s

I don't think you'd post a list of 26 polished Powerpoint
presentations labeled ChXX without even mentioning that the referenced
chapters are from a book written by another person. I agree that if
the page merely said "by Stroustrop under the heading," the water
would be covered. It's borderline unethical because it's so easily
fixed.

Keith Thompson

Seebs said:
If a user doesn't know that links can go to other sites, I think the
user has just failed the "reasonable man" tests usually used in cases
like this.

I guess I'm not seeing the issue. If I post a link to something, I
assume users will notice that the link goes somewhere.

Take a look at the blog, <http://computerscienceppt.blogspot.com/>.
It's not *just* links to other material. The most recent post,
for example, consists of a list of 26 links to individual PowerPoint
presentations on Bjarne Stroustrup's sitem, each labeled by chapter
number and title, with an overall title "Programming: Principles
and Practice using C++" for the whole thing. Including that much
detail *without* mentioning the name of the actual author of the
presentations is either thoughtless or a deliberate attempt to
withhold proper credit.

I'm not sure I'd call it unethical, but it would be trivial to
properly credit the author, and I can think of no legitimate reason
not to do so.

Seebs

Take a look at the blog, <http://computerscienceppt.blogspot.com/>.
It's not *just* links to other material. The most recent post,
for example, consists of a list of 26 links to individual PowerPoint
presentations on Bjarne Stroustrup's sitem, each labeled by chapter
number and title, with an overall title "Programming: Principles
and Practice using C++" for the whole thing. Including that much
detail *without* mentioning the name of the actual author of the
presentations is either thoughtless or a deliberate attempt to
withhold proper credit.

Ahhh.

Okay, yeah, that's pretty bad.

Nevermind! I retract my previous mild derision.

-s

iC and iC++

Yes, man. It's just plain wrong for a blog with Google ads displayed
to reference copyrighted materials prepared by another person with no
mention of that person on the site.  Relying on a user to figure out
that links are merely shortcircuits to someone else's intellectual
property is bogus.  If I were Bjarne, I'd be asking my publisher's
lawyers to go after an appropriate share of the Google ad income -
approximately 100%.

I have sent an email to stroustrup regarding this thread. Hopefully he
takes some action.
This is a sleazy way to make money.