free editor like Homesite?

Pete

Homesite 4.0 does not work with XP.
Is there a free program out there that has the same functionality (wysiwyg)
for an amateur?
Tks.
-Pete

Pete

Pete said:
Homesite 4.0 does not work with XP.
Is there a free program out there that has the same functionality
(wysiwyg) for an amateur?
Tks.
-Pete
PS: I also have to be able to edit simple code.

Spartanicus

Pete said:
Homesite 4.0 does not work with XP.

The *editor* works fine under W32.
Is there a free program out there that has the same functionality (wysiwyg)

The "design" feature in Homesite 4 should be avoided like the plague, it
produces MSHTML not suitable for the www, consider it a feature that
this "wysiwyg" feature of the program does not work on W32.

David Baxter

Pete said:
Homesite 4.0 does not work with XP.
Is there a free program out there that has the same functionality (wysiwyg)
for an amateur?
Tks.
-Pete

Keep an eye on computer magazines. Personal Computer World throws out a
copy of Netobjects Fusion periodically on its cover disc.

Dave

Uncle Pirate

Pete said:
Homesite 4.0 does not work with XP.
Is there a free program out there that has the same functionality (wysiwyg)
for an amateur?

No such thing as a WYSIWYG editor for the WWW. More like WYSIWYMG (What
You See Is What You Might Get) or more correctly WYSIWOMG (What You See
Is What Others Might Get).

Coordinator, Tularosa Basin Chapter, ABATE of NM; AMA#758681; COBB
'94 1500 Vulcan (now wrecked) :( http://motorcyclefun.org/Dcp_2068c.jpg

Pete Gray

No such thing as a WYSIWYG editor for the WWW. More like WYSIWYMG (What
You See Is What You Might Get) or more correctly WYSIWOMG (What You See
Is What Others Might Get).
I thought it was WYSIJOPR (what you see is just one possible rendering)

Blinky the Shark

I thought it was WYSIJOPR (what you see is just one possible rendering)

Best thing? It's pronounceable: wizzy-jopper Cool. :)

Only seven Google hits, but I didn't check GoogleGroups.

n|ck

n|ck said:
I downloaded that the other day but I absolutely hated the way it
reformatted my code... I like the way my code looks - why does it have
to reformat it!? VERY annoying.

Ooh! Scratch that! I found the preference that turns that off! WOOHOO!! cool
program.

n|ck

n|ck said:
Ooh! Scratch that! I found the preference that turns that off! WOOHOO!!
cool program.

Believe it or not... even with that preference set it still reformats the code!
It's ugly!! AAARGH!! Fair enough though, it's still a beta. It'll be good when
all the bugs are ironed out :)

Not yet though!

Don

On 14 Apr 2005 David Baxter wrote in alt.html
Keep an eye on computer magazines. Personal Computer World throws out a
copy of Netobjects Fusion periodically on its cover disc.

Not worth free.