    for an amateur?
    Tks.
    -Pete

    Pete, Apr 14, 2005

  2. Pete

    Pete Guest

    "Pete" <> wrote in message
    news:FOj7e.1778$...
    > Homesite 4.0 does not work with XP.
    > Is there a free program out there that has the same functionality
    > (wysiwyg) for an amateur?
    > Tks.
    > -Pete

    PS: I also have to be able to edit simple code.

    Pete, Apr 14, 2005

  3. Pete

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Nico Schuyt, Apr 14, 2005
  4. Pete

    Don Guest

    Don, Apr 14, 2005
  5. Pete

    Spartanicus Guest

    "Pete" <> wrote:

    >Homesite 4.0 does not work with XP.

    The *editor* works fine under W32.

    >Is there a free program out there that has the same functionality (wysiwyg)

    The "design" feature in Homesite 4 should be avoided like the plague, it
    produces MSHTML not suitable for the www, consider it a feature that
    this "wysiwyg" feature of the program does not work on W32.

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Apr 14, 2005
  6. Pete

    David Baxter Guest

    Pete wrote:
    > Homesite 4.0 does not work with XP.
    > Is there a free program out there that has the same functionality (wysiwyg)
    > for an amateur?
    > Tks.
    > -Pete

    Keep an eye on computer magazines. Personal Computer World throws out a
    copy of Netobjects Fusion periodically on its cover disc.

    Dave
    --
    (remove spamblock or reply to group)

    David Baxter, Apr 14, 2005
  7. Pete

    Uncle Pirate Guest

    Pete wrote:
    > Homesite 4.0 does not work with XP.
    > Is there a free program out there that has the same functionality (wysiwyg)
    > for an amateur?

    No such thing as a WYSIWYG editor for the WWW. More like WYSIWYMG (What
    You See Is What You Might Get) or more correctly WYSIWOMG (What You See
    Is What Others Might Get).

    Coordinator, Tularosa Basin Chapter, ABATE of NM; AMA#758681; COBB
    '94 1500 Vulcan (now wrecked) :( http://motorcyclefun.org/Dcp_2068c.jpg

    Uncle Pirate, Apr 14, 2005
  8. Pete

    Pete Guest

    "Don" <> wrote in message
    > On 13 Apr 2005 Pete wrote in alt.html
    >
    >> Homesite 4.0 does not work with XP.

    > Does for me. :)
    >
    > HTML-Kit
    > http://www.chami.com/html-kit/
    >

    > --
    > Don

    My Homesite crashes in DESIGN view.
    -Pete

    Pete, Apr 14, 2005
  9. Pete

    Pete Gray Guest

    In article <425e9841$>, says...
    > Pete wrote:
    > > Homesite 4.0 does not work with XP.
    > > Is there a free program out there that has the same functionality (wysiwyg)
    > > for an amateur?

    > No such thing as a WYSIWYG editor for the WWW. More like WYSIWYMG (What
    > You See Is What You Might Get) or more correctly WYSIWOMG (What You See
    > Is What Others Might Get).

    I thought it was WYSIJOPR (what you see is just one possible rendering)
    --
    Pete Gray

    Say No to ID Cards <http://www.no2id.net>
    <http://www.redbadge.co.uk/no2idcards/>

    Pete Gray, Apr 14, 2005
  10. Pete

    Pete Guest

    Pete, Apr 14, 2005
  11. Pete Gray wrote:
    > In article <425e9841$>, says...
    >> Pete wrote:
    >> > Homesite 4.0 does not work with XP.
    >> > Is there a free program out there that has the same functionality (wysiwyg)
    >> > for an amateur?

    >> No such thing as a WYSIWYG editor for the WWW. More like WYSIWYMG (What
    >> You See Is What You Might Get) or more correctly WYSIWOMG (What You See
    >> Is What Others Might Get).

    > I thought it was WYSIJOPR (what you see is just one possible rendering)

    Best thing? It's pronounceable: wizzy-jopper Cool. :)

    Only seven Google hits, but I didn't check GoogleGroups.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Now killing all posts originating at GoogleGroups

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 14, 2005
  12. Pete

    n|ck Guest

    Nico Schuyt wrote:
    > Try NVU (http://www.nvu.com/)

    I downloaded that the other day but I absolutely hated the way it reformatted my
    code... I like the way my code looks - why does it have to reformat it!? VERY
    annoying.

    n|ck, Apr 15, 2005
  13. Pete

    n|ck Guest

    n|ck wrote:
    > Nico Schuyt wrote:
    >
    >> Try NVU (http://www.nvu.com/)

    > I downloaded that the other day but I absolutely hated the way it
    > reformatted my code... I like the way my code looks - why does it have
    > to reformat it!? VERY annoying.

    Ooh! Scratch that! I found the preference that turns that off! WOOHOO!! cool
    program.

    n|ck, Apr 15, 2005
  14. Pete

    n|ck Guest

    n|ck wrote:
    > Ooh! Scratch that! I found the preference that turns that off! WOOHOO!!
    > cool program.

    Believe it or not... even with that preference set it still reformats the code!
    It's ugly!! AAARGH!! Fair enough though, it's still a beta. It'll be good when
    all the bugs are ironed out :)

    Not yet though!

    n|ck, Apr 15, 2005
  15. Pete

    Don Guest

    On 14 Apr 2005 Pete wrote in alt.html

    > "Don" <> wrote in message
    >> On 13 Apr 2005 Pete wrote in alt.html
    >>
    >>> Homesite 4.0 does not work with XP.

    >> Does for me. :)
    >>
    >> HTML-Kit
    >> http://www.chami.com/html-kit/
    >>

    >> --
    >> Don

    > My Homesite crashes in DESIGN view.
    > -Pete

    Tha's something I never use.

    --
    Don

    Don, Apr 15, 2005
  16. Pete

    Don Guest

    On 14 Apr 2005 David Baxter wrote in alt.html

    > Keep an eye on computer magazines. Personal Computer World throws out a
    > copy of Netobjects Fusion periodically on its cover disc.

    Not worth free.

    --
    Don

    Don, Apr 15, 2005