Free Fixed-Width/Fixed-Pitch fonts?

johnp

Where can I find some? I search google, but all I get a false promises.
My application needs a fixed-width font otherwise it just looks awful.

Any ideas?

TIA
John

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

johnp said:
Where can I find some? I search google, but all I get a false
promises. My application needs a fixed-width font otherwise it just
looks awful.

If you find them, what do you intend to do with them? Just about every
obscure font you might find, and try to implement on a web page, will
not exist on the visitor's computer. The visitor will be left with
whatever default they use, probably messing up your site and looking
worse than the "awful" you already have.

If you want fixed-width (would be rare to need that), you should stick
with Courier.

Amos E Wolfe

Sid Ismail said:
Rare, yes... but saves a lot of bother using tables or other
formatting: http://www.elsid.co.za/bridge/bbo/apr2005.html

" Having lost the J, you need to get to the table with the trump 10, ruff a
club, draw trumps, A, ruff a club, play off all your trumps, then A-K-Q.
This is the position when a heart is played to the queen: "

What? people do this for fun? I think nested <div>s are starting to look
simple by comparison!

-=# Amos E Wolfe #=-