    Can you please help me out?
    Thanks
    , Oct 13, 2008

  2. On 2008-10-13, wrote:
    > Hi All
    > I have a free hanging text like this:
    > The problem is the font is getting bigger in IE7. On Chrome and IE8
    > it
    > appears correctly.
    > The page also has several text instances with style attributes that
    > appear all right.
    > Tried <span> which doesn't seem to make a difference.
    > Can you please help me out?

    Remove all <font> tags. If you need to change the font size from
    the default (which you should rarely do), use a CSS stylesheet.

    Author:
    Chris F.A. Johnson, Oct 13, 2008

  3. dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    "" <> wrote:

    > I have a free hanging text like this:
    > The problem is the font is getting bigger in IE7. On Chrome and IE8
    > it
    > appears correctly.

    What is captured text, what is the opposite of free text? Perhaps you
    could provide a URL and say what you want?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Oct 13, 2008
  4. wrote:
    > Hi All
    > I have a free hanging text like this:

    What is "free hanging text"?

    > The problem is the font is getting bigger in IE7.

    Bigger than what? Getting bigger when? When you feed it? When you leave
    it in sunlight?

    > On Chrome and IE8
    > it
    > appears correctly.
    > The page also has several text instances with style attributes that
    > appear all right.
    > Tried <span> which doesn't seem to make a difference.

    Tried using it to do what?

    > Can you please help me out?

    You're going to need to do a better job of explaining what your problem
    is. A URL would be very helpful.
    Harlan Messinger, Oct 14, 2008
  5. Neredbojias Guest

    On 13 Oct 2008, "" <>
    wrote:

    > Hi All
    > I have a free hanging text like this:

    > The problem is the font is getting bigger in IE7. On Chrome and IE8
    > it
    > appears correctly.
    > The page also has several text instances with style attributes that
    > appear all right.
    > Tried <span> which doesn't seem to make a difference.
    > Can you please help me out?

    Are you using a strict doctype? If not, you should. Also,
    using css, and that can be done in more than one way. And as others
    have stated, a url would be advantageous to your cause.

    > Thanks

    Moseltov

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.org/
    Neredbojias, Oct 14, 2008

    On Oct 13, 5:30 pm, dorayme <> wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    >
    >  "" <> wrote:
    > > I have a free hanging text like this:
    > > The problem is the font is getting bigger in IE7. On Chrome and IE8
    > > it
    > > appears correctly.

    > What is captured text, what is the opposite of free text? Perhaps you
    > could provide a URL and say what you want?
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    Sorry I don't have the document in public domain. As I stated, it
    depends on the browser. I checked the following URL

    http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Guide/Style.html

    And it uses font tag to change the color/size of the text that is not
    enclosed in any markup which is not working on IE7 (works on EI8 and
    Chrome). What I mean by free hanging text is text that is not inside
    any markup (other than body/head/html).

    Thanks
    , Oct 14, 2008

    On Oct 13, 3:40 pm, "Chris F.A. Johnson" <> wrote:
    > On 2008-10-13, wrote:
    > > Hi All
    > > I have a free hanging text like this:
    > > The problem is the font is getting bigger in IE7. On Chrome and IE8
    > > it
    > > appears correctly.
    > > The page also has several text instances with style attributes that
    > > appear all right.
    > > Tried <span> which doesn't seem to make a difference.
    > > Can you please help me out?

    >     Remove all <font> tags. If you need to change the font size from
    >     the default (which you should rarely do), use a CSS stylesheet.
    >
    > --
    >    Chris F.A. Johnson, webmaster         <http://Woodbine-Gerrard.com>
    >    ===================================================================
    >    Author:
    >    Shell Scripting Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach (2005, Apress)

    How do I use CSS for text not inside any markup?
    Thanks
    , Oct 14, 2008
  8. On 2008-10-14, wrote:
    > Sorry I don't have the document in public domain. As I stated, it
    > depends on the browser. I checked the following URL

    Put up a document that exhibits the problem.

    > http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Guide/Style.html
    >
    > And it uses font tag to change the color/size of the text that is not
    > enclosed in any markup which is not working on IE7 (works on EI8 and
    > Chrome). What I mean by free hanging text is text that is not inside
    > any markup (other than body/head/html).

    That is not valid HTML. Everything must be inside a block-level
    element.

    Author:
    Chris F.A. Johnson, Oct 14, 2008
  9. dorayme Guest

    In article <24308$48f4f8c4$cef88ba3$>,
    "Chris F.A. Johnson" <> wrote:

    > On 2008-10-14, wrote:

    > > What I mean by free hanging text is text that is not inside
    > > any markup (other than body/head/html).

    > That is not valid HTML. Everything must be inside a block-level
    > element.

    Depends on the doctype, under some it does not have to be.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Oct 14, 2008