Free HTML Rich Text Editor

The Crow

im looking for free rich textbox editor for ASP.NET. i tried freetextbox but
didnt like it. any recommendations?

Lars Netzel

That FreeTextBox is really good... That's what I would have recomended.
What is not
acting the way you want it too?

It's faily simple to implement, it's FREE and it's possible to skin.. (from
what I remember)... sure it takes a whiel to load on the client but.. that's
how it works..

But above all.. it works very very well and the stuff you get from the
control is valid nice HTML stuff..

/Lars

Steven Berkovitz

I am using FTB (purchased the source code for $149). Doesn't work on a Mac
but other then that its fine.

If your looking for something free you can't be overly picky.

Jason Kester

Steven said:
Doesn't work [...] but other then that its fine.

Still chuckling over this one, ten minutes later.

You actually paid $150 for a product you know doesn't work for 5% of
your user base? I mean don't get me wrong, I'm all in favor of leaving
Mac users hanging whenever possible, but if I'm paying good money for a
third party component, I think I'd want it to actually work for all my
users!

Jason Kester
Expat Software Consulting Services
http://www.expatsoftware.com/

Alan Silver

Interesting why you don't like it.
Guess its amazing

Well, I found it buggy, with zero documentation. I struggled with it for
a while, then gave up.

I found FCKEditor (I think it's called), which is open source, worked
immediately and performed better than FTB (which was very slow to load).

Just my 2c

The Crow

well,
first its most images doesnt loading when using web.config option
(httphandler assembly). even refreshing page dont solve this problem.
everytime you refresh, strangly some images load, some's not. and it seems
its completly random and weird. if you right click in the ie and force
second, when using classic option (you put all images and scripts to server
and point their path),
because the server's language is turkish, it lowercase I as ý (not i) and
image url becomes ýmages, and still images dont working. i had to change
third!, it i cant receive its Text or HtmlStrippedText on server side.
fourth, it has zero documentation.
fifth, its api is not self explaining and messy. espessialy which toolbar
will be visible part..
sixth, ive seen people in their forum, complaining about, even they paid
source-code, they cant take any support even no reply..

enough? it was enough for me to runaway this control, and it costed me 2
whole days. everything is not as it seems as on their demo page.