free installer for win and linux

Michal

Hello

First question:
does anyone know any free for comercial use and multiplatform
(win,linux) installer???

Second question:
is it possible to install database with an installer??? i want to have
option to install locally MySQL or connect to existing database, so
user will have such steps:
1.
Do you want to connect to existing database? YES/NO
or
do you want to install locally database? YES/NO

2.
if user choose option 1 go to step 3
if user choose option 2 installer run installation of database for
example MySQL

3.
Please configure database, so user have fields such database name,
address of database, user and password

4.
installer connect to defined database and create all necessary tables

is it possible to do that with any free installer??
because i dont know if i should write my own installer or someone have
already written such tool:)

Greats
Michal

Thomas Matthews

Michal said:
Hello

First question:
does anyone know any free for comercial use and multiplatform
(win,linux) installer???
[snip]

So what is your C++ language question?
After all, that is why you posted to a C language newsgroup.

Show us the code you are having problems with in your
installer program and we'll help you out.

Ioannis Vranos

Michal said:
Hello

First question:
does anyone know any free for comercial use and multiplatform
(win,linux) installer???

I have some links for free Windows Installers in this page:

http://www23.brinkster.com/noicys/links.htm

I am using "Inno Setup" it is *easy* and nice (hint: a newcomer should
use the wizard).

I do not think there can be a multiplatform installer. I am sure one can
find many free installers for GNU/Linux too.

[...]

I suppose you can do these too (perhaps with NSIS).