free JSP editor plugin for eclipse 3.1 ?

NullBock

Hi,

BEA makes a plugin, and offer a free version. Here's a link:

http://www.bea.com/framework.jsp?CNT=index.htm&FP=/content/products/workshop/jsp_editor/

Or, if you prefer:

http://linkfrog.net/daep

I haven't used it much myself, and wasn't too impressed with what I
saw. For instance, you can only edit a JSP if it's in a project--no
"on-the-fly" editing.

Walter Gildersleeve
Freiburg, Germany

http://linkfrog.net
URL Shortening
Free and easy, small and green.

Boris Gorjan

NullBock said:
Hi,

BEA makes a plugin, and offer a free version. Here's a link:

http://www.bea.com/framework.jsp?CNT=index.htm&FP=/content/products/workshop/jsp_editor/

Or, if you prefer:

http://linkfrog.net/daep

I haven't used it much myself, and wasn't too impressed with what I
saw. For instance, you can only edit a JSP if it's in a project--no
"on-the-fly" editing.

Does it include
1. integrated application server handling?
2. deployment capabilities?
(like, for example, MyEclipse, which does all that, but sucks at it)

JScoobyCed

NullBock said:

Hi,

I just triied it and it is not that great. It is usefull, but needs
more compliance to HTML and CSS. I admit it is a great start, but it
needs more time to be really usefull, helpfull.
An example of things that are not well done:
- tables are not rendered correctly when centered
- background images in TD and TR tags are not well managed
- picture/js files/css files paths are file system dependant (ok, there
is a turnaround, but it limits the programmer to choose the paths)

For very basic web-apps, it is a good solution. But for more complexe
and existing web-app, this tool needs more time to mature.

NullBock

I feel pretty much the same way. I've been using Macromedia for JSP
development, and have a lot of complaints about it, too. Actually,
I've yet to see a decent JSP IDE, eith free or not. Anyone have any
suggestions?