Free keyboard applet

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Dirk said:
Does anyone do a free keyboard applet with source?
I'm looking for one to use in conjunction with a small touchscreen and
would rather not have to go through the hassle of writing one.

Well, if there isn't one and I have to write one I'll post it somewhere
for others to use. That's a THREAT!

--
Dirk

Roedy Green

Does anyone do a free keyboard applet with source?
I'm looking for one to use in conjunction with a small touchscreen and
would rather not have to go through the hassle of writing one.

What do you want the keyboard applet to do?

See http://mindprod.com/project/keyboardillustrator.html
for one possible interpretation of your question, unlikely the one you
intend.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change."
~ Charles Darwin

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Roedy said:
What do you want the keyboard applet to do?

See http://mindprod.com/project/keyboardillustrator.html
for one possible interpretation of your question, unlikely the one you
intend.

It's for an application where the normal interface is an IR remote
control. I've replaced the major functions of the RC with an applet on a
touchscreen. However, occasionally the user might want to enter a text
string, which is usually done the hard way through the RC a bit like
texting - a real pain. So why not a little keyboard to pump out the UTF-8?

--
Dirk

Knute Johnson

Dirk said:
Does anyone do a free keyboard applet with source?
I'm looking for one to use in conjunction with a small touchscreen and
would rather not have to go through the hassle of writing one.

Dirk:

You running this on a Windows machine? Windows has a built in on screen
keyboard that would probably work just fine. We use it all the time to
unset caps lock on remotely accessed boxes through VNC.

Start Programs -> Accessories -> Accessibility -> On Screen Keyboard

I don't know if the Linux distros have anything similar.

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Knute said:
Dirk:

You running this on a Windows machine? Windows has a built in on screen
keyboard that would probably work just fine. We use it all the time to
unset caps lock on remotely accessed boxes through VNC.

Start Programs -> Accessories -> Accessibility -> On Screen Keyboard

I don't know if the Linux distros have anything similar.

This is for a consumer system, XP based, headless.
As usual a RC just isn't enough for some people, yet the i/f has got to
be just as simple (or more so). And operable from any computer or
smartphone. So it's browsers and applets.

--
Dirk