    in Java ? Thanks a lot in advance.

    Best regards,
    Ravi

    Ravi Shankar, Sep 20, 2005

  2. Ravi Shankar

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 21:46:29 +0800, "Ravi Shankar"
    <> wrote or quoted :

    >Can anyone please suggest a free license key generator and corresponding API
    >in Java ? Thanks a lot in advance.

    JCE.

    Basically all you need is to digitally sign the information about a
    customer you want burned in to customise a program and then check the
    digital signature. Keep in mind the way to bypass your security is
    not to crack the encryption but simply to remove the signature
    verification check.

    A more sophisticated method is to encrypt the burned in customer data.
    Then the program decrypts it and uses it. This is only mildly harder
    to crack since the program must contain the key. You simply stop the
    program at the point it has decrypted the data, make a copy of it, and
    then patch the program to use that unencrypted data rather than
    fetching it from the encrypted version.

    To make a program that will drive hackers insane is an art. I give
    some hints at how in my obfuscator essay. You can't do it with a
    simple little package add-on. That just stops "honest" folk -- those
    too lazy to try to crack your restriction.

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/encryption.html
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/cryptography.html
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jce.html
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/digitalsignatures.html