    up to 512MB-1GB. The problem is that the code is bottlenecked by the
    available RAM, so I need to be able to allocate as much RAM as possible,
    without allocating too much[and so hitting the disk].
    Maxim, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Hi,

    you can use WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation), there is a managed
    namespace in .NET framework. You can query WMI on the server to get the max
    amount of memory, current memory consumption and running services for
    example (and much more...).

    I quickly tried to find an example online, here is one:

    http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=4571

    Best regards,

    Marc Höppner
    NeoGeo

    "Maxim" <> wrote in message
    > Is there any way at all the get the total amount of free memory on the
    > current system?
    >
    > Im desiging an application that can run well on low end machines[32 MB

    RAM]

    Marc Hoeppner, Jul 15, 2003