Free perl IDE? - Don't shoot!

Roger

I know this question has been answered repeatedly since at least 1998.

I also know there is a section of the FAQ with info on this.

I have been using Open Perl IDE, it can be found on source forge and I find it
to be very very good.

My question is -- Is this thing really free?

It's says it is "Open Source Software, Distributed under the Mozilla Public
License 1.1"

I am not sure *exactly* if that means it's free for non-personal use.

I actually read all of the license (whew!) and after I was finished, I still
didn't know. I even read the FAQ but to no avail. There is much about adding
code to it, and extending it, and such as that, but all I wanted to know is....
is it absolutely 100% free for non-personal USE only, I am not interested nor
have I the skill to extend it's developement.

TIA

Ben Morrow

Quoth Roger said:
I have been using Open Perl IDE, it can be found on source forge and I find it
to be very very good.

My question is -- Is this thing really free?

It's says it is "Open Source Software, Distributed under the Mozilla Public
License 1.1"

I am not sure *exactly* if that means it's free for non-personal use.

I actually read all of the license (whew!) and after I was finished, I still
didn't know. I even read the FAQ but to no avail. There is much about adding
code to it, and extending it, and such as that, but all I wanted to know is....
is it absolutely 100% free for non-personal USE only, I am not interested nor
have I the skill to extend it's developement.

Yes. All use is absolutely free. Most of the license covers distributing
modified versions, either in source or binary form.

(standard disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer, if you need to know this for
your company you'd be best off getting the legal department to check it
it so it's not your fault, etc. etc.)

Ben