Free Solaris 10 root account and training

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Kartik_Vashishta, Mar 26, 2009.

  1. Comfort and Peace, I wish you.

    You have root access on a Solaris 10 system. About breaking something,
    do not worry.

    username: root

    password:

    (just hit "enter")

    To you, I decided to provide root access. Root access, will, help you
    to learn.

    This is a non-global zone, so, certain features may be not present.

    You may, on this system,install packages(install web servers etc), you
    may, install patches(learn how to patch a Solaris system), you may
    install software, etc..... http://sunfreeware.com offers many free
    packages....do not hesitate to install any you like.... http://sunsolve.sun.com
    offers free Sun patches, try installing some. If you have any problem,
    then, to contact me, do not hesitate.

    Try to keep connection on, sometimes the connection may, "time
    out"....I'm working on fixing it.... Play around with the
    system..learn, enjoy..

    What I may do to help, let me know. How to connect to the system: You
    may, on the dos prompt, type: telnet 98.215.91.249 2033 (the spaces
    between, the word, "telnet", and, "98.215.91.249", and, "2033" are
    important)

    or

    Download and install putty, putty is, among other things, "a telnet
    client". In putty, you may "store" your session connection stuff....
    encure "telnet" is checked, replace the 23 by 2033, put in the IP
    address...give it a name...save click "open", "load" is different from
    "open"....ENSURE that the correct data is in your saved session:
    98.215.91.249 and 2033

    So, you have a free account, you even have root access, what next? Get
    a look and feel of the sotware, familiarize yourself. Try some of the
    exercises mentioned. http://www.kartik.com/FreeUNIXTraining.html Try
    installing software. Try installing patches. For instance, you may
    install apache and serve web pages....let me know if you need help....

    Thanks to my girlfriend, for, helping me provide this.

    Kartik Vashishta

    Kartik_Vashishta, Mar 26, 2009

  2. On Mar 26, 9:47 am, Kartik_Vashishta <>
    wrote:
    > Comfort and Peace, I wish you.
    >
    > You have root access on a Solaris 10 system. About breaking something,
    > do not worry.
    >
    > username: root
    >
    > password:
    >
    > (just hit "enter")
    >
    > To you, I decided to provide root access. Root access, will, help you
    > to learn.
    >
    > This is a non-global zone, so, certain features may be not present.
    >
    > You may, on this system,install packages(install web servers etc), you
    > may, install patches(learn how to patch a Solaris system), you may
    > install software, etc.....http://sunfreeware.comoffers many free
    > packages....do not hesitate to install any you like....http://sunsolve.sun.com
    > offers free Sun patches, try installing some. If you have any problem,
    > then, to contact me, do not hesitate.
    >
    > Try to keep connection on, sometimes the connection may, "time
    > out"....I'm working on fixing it.... Play around with the
    > system..learn, enjoy..
    >
    > What I may do to help, let me know. How to connect to the system: You
    > may, on the dos prompt, type: telnet 98.215.91.249 2033 (the spaces
    > between, the word, "telnet", and, "98.215.91.249", and, "2033" are
    > important)
    >
    > or
    >
    > Download and install putty, putty is, among other things, "a telnet
    > client". In putty, you may "store" your session connection stuff....
    > encure "telnet" is checked, replace the 23 by 2033, put in the IP
    > address...give it a name...save click "open", "load" is different from
    > "open"....ENSURE that the correct data is in your saved session:
    > 98.215.91.249 and 2033
    >
    > So, you have a free account, you even have root access, what next? Get
    > a look and feel of the sotware, familiarize yourself. Try some of the
    > exercises mentioned.http://www.kartik.com/FreeUNIXTraining.htmlTry
    > installing software. Try installing patches. For instance, you may
    > install apache and serve web pages....let me know if you need help....
    >
    > Thanks to my girlfriend, for, helping me provide this.
    >
    > Kartik Vashishta

    new IP/host to connect to:
    trainingzone.getmyip.com at port 2033 so, the command is:
    telnet trainingzone.getmyip.com 2033
    If there are issues, please, contact me.

    Kartik Vashishta

    Kartik_Vashishta, Apr 5, 2009