free speech api

focode

i am developing some program with the help of an online tutorial the
tutorial says some thing like this
"Copy the D:\apps\freetts-1.2.1\speech.properties file to your
%user.home% or %java.home%/lib folders. This file is used by JSAPI to
determine which speech engine will be used."

i have copied this speech.properties file every where , in /program
files /jre1.6/lib/ext... , to my folder where i have my programs

if any body know this where to place this kindly let me know , this
thig has halted my whole project

i will be higly obliged

Andrew Thompson

i am developing some program with the help of an online tutorial the
tutorial says some thing like this
"Copy the D:\apps\freetts-1.2.1\speech.properties file to your
%user.home% or %java.home%/lib folders. This file is used by JSAPI to
determine which speech engine will be used."

i have copied this speech.properties file every where , ...

What about the two places mentioned? When in doubt,
'ask Java', using the System.getProperty("propertyName")
method. That is how this little applet works..

I would go for user.home rather than (that)
rendition of the java.home, since applets and
applications (and webstart) can often have
different paths for java.home.

BTW - please find your shift key and apply it
once at the start of each sentence, and to the
word 'I'. This helps the reader* scan the text
for important points to reply to.

* OK - me and possibly some other people.