    if any body know this where to place this kindly let me know , this
    thig has halted my whole project

    i will be higly obliged
    focode, Nov 21, 2008

  2. On Nov 21, 6:12 pm, focode <> wrote:
    > i am developing some program with the help of an online tutorial the
    > tutorial says some thing like this
    > "Copy the D:\apps\freetts-1.2.1\speech.properties file to your
    > %user.home% or %java.home%/lib folders. This file is used by JSAPI to
    > determine which speech engine will be used."
    >
    > i have copied this speech.properties file every where , ...

    What about the two places mentioned? When in doubt,
    'ask Java', using the System.getProperty("propertyName")
    method. That is how this little applet works..
    <http://pscode.org/prop/all.html?prop=user.home%2Cjava.home>
    ...for broken WITUNs
    >http://pscode.org/prop/all.html?prop=user.home,java.home

    I would go for user.home rather than (that)
    rendition of the java.home, since applets and
    applications (and webstart) can often have
    different paths for java.home.

    BTW - please find your shift key and apply it
    once at the start of each sentence, and to the
    word 'I'. This helps the reader* scan the text
    for important points to reply to.

    * OK - me and possibly some other people.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://pscode.org/
    Andrew Thompson, Nov 21, 2008