Free to wrong pool 15dd170 not 15d2750 during global destruction.

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Gavin Williams, Jul 22, 2004.

  1. Experiencing a problem when using the Win32::OLE and the threads module in
    the same script.

    As soon as the a thread terminates I get an error "Free to wrong pool
    15dd170 not 15d2750 during global destruction."

    Would appreciate some input on how to resolve this.

    Here is a very simple script you can use to demonstrate the problem with:

    #--------------------------------------------------------------------
    use Win32::OLE ;
    use threads ;

    sub dostuff {
    print "Stuff\n" ;
    return 1 ;
    }

    sub startthr {
    my $thr = threads->new( \&dostuff ) ;
    our $tid = $thr->tid ;
    }

    sub stopthr {
    our $tid ;
    my $thr = threads->object( $tid ) ;
    my $result = $thr->join ;
    undef $thr ;
    undef $tid ;
    }

    print "Starting thread\n" ;
    startthr() ;
    sleep(10) ;
    print "Stopping thread\n" ;
    stopthr() ;
    print "A memory pool error should have occurred, and this line will
    probably not print.\n"
    Gavin Williams, Jul 22, 2004