    have to do is add a very small link from your site back to them at the
    top of your web page. Not bad for free.
    scott

    offscott, Oct 16, 2007

    www.google.com is already a free URL that links to Google.

    > you can
    > even get your name.

    I already have a name, thanks.

    > the web site is at http://www.freedomain.co.nr/

    What web site?

    > I got a number

    What kind of number?

    > of weeks ago and it has beem working very well

    At doing what?

    > / All you
    > have to do is add a very small link

    How do you measure the size of a link? What does it mean for a link to
    be a small one?

    > from your site back to them

    Them who?

    > at the
    > top of your web page. Not bad for free.

    Considering I have no idea from your message what "it" is or what it's
    supposed to do, I have no idea whether, even for free, it's of any use
    at all.

    Harlan Messinger, Oct 16, 2007

  3. Harlan Messinger wrote:

    > Considering I have no idea from your message what "it" is or what it's
    > supposed to do, I have no idea whether, even for free, it's of any use
    > at all.

    Google Groper spam; now *there's* something new. :)

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 16, 2007
  4. offscott

    offscott Guest

    On Oct 16, 12:21 am, Harlan Messinger
    <> wrote:
    > offscott wrote:
    > > I got a free URL that will link back to the google address.

    > www.google.comis already a free URL that links to Google.
    >
    > > you can
    > > even get your name.

    > I already have a name, thanks.
    >
    > > the web site is athttp://www.freedomain.co.nr/

    > What web site?
    >
    > > I got a number

    > What kind of number?
    >
    > > of weeks ago and it has beem working very well

    > At doing what?
    >
    > > / All you
    > > have to do is add a very small link

    > How do you measure the size of a link? What does it mean for a link to
    > be a small one?
    >
    > > from your site back to them

    > Them who?
    >
    > > at the
    > > top of your web page. Not bad for free.

    > Considering I have no idea from your message what "it" is or what it's
    > supposed to do, I have no idea whether, even for free, it's of any use
    > at all.

    I just though someone would like to have the info as you can get a url
    that is shorter and easy to remember and for people going to your web
    site has less to type in the address bar. Sorry to get some people
    upset.
    scott

    offscott, Oct 16, 2007
  5. offscott wrote:

    > I got a free URL that will link back to the google address. you can
    > even get your name. the web site is at http://www.freedomain.co.nr/

    Why would I want a domain name for the Republic of Nauru ?

    And Google already has an address.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 16, 2007
  6. offscott wrote:
    > On Oct 16, 12:21 am, Harlan Messinger
    > <> wrote:
    >> offscott wrote:
    >>> I got a free URL that will link back to the google address.

    >> www.google.comis already a free URL that links to Google.
    >>
    >>> you can
    >>> even get your name.

    >> I already have a name, thanks.
    >>
    >>> the web site is athttp://www.freedomain.co.nr/

    >> What web site?
    >>
    >>> I got a number

    >> What kind of number?
    >>
    >>> of weeks ago and it has beem working very well

    >> At doing what?
    >>
    >>> / All you
    >>> have to do is add a very small link

    >> How do you measure the size of a link? What does it mean for a link to
    >> be a small one?
    >>
    >>> from your site back to them

    >> Them who?
    >>
    >>> at the
    >>> top of your web page. Not bad for free.

    >> Considering I have no idea from your message what "it" is or what it's
    >> supposed to do, I have no idea whether, even for free, it's of any use
    >> at all.

    > I just though someone would like to have the info

    But you gave us a bunch of vague sentences that didn't actually convey
    any info.

    > as you can get a url
    > that is shorter and easy to remember and for people going to your web
    > site has less to type in the address bar. Sorry to get some people
    > upset.

    I wasn't upset. I was observing that you were trying to communicate
    something, yet never really did so. You need to read what you've written
    and figure out whether someone who doesn't already know what you're
    thinking about is going to be able to tell what it is you are trying to
    explain.

    Besides that, your message was off-topic in alt.html since it had
    nothing to do with HTML.

    Harlan Messinger, Oct 16, 2007
  7. offscott

    Alfred Guest

    On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 21:15:53 -0700, offscott <>
    wrote:

    >I got a free URL that will link back to the google address. you can
    >even get your name. the web site is at http://www.freedomain.co.nr/
    >I got a number of weeks ago and it has beem working very well/ All you
    >have to do is add a very small link from your site back to them at the
    >top of your web page. Not bad for free.
    >scott

    That is clever, though. I suppose it works like Tinyurl.

    Alfred, Oct 16, 2007
  8. offscott

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Harlan Messinger <> wrote:

    > offscott wrote:
    > >
    > > I just though someone would like to have the info

    > Besides that, your message was off-topic in alt.html since it had
    > nothing to do with HTML.

    Well, here is something more to do with alt: in Safari, but not
    FF or iCab there is a (probably javascript) functioning
    duplicated menu, the duplication being a "functioning" dropdown
    one:

    <http://members.optushome.com.au/droovies/pics/freedomain.png>

    The OP might mention to the authors of the site that it needs a
    little cleaning up, validation wise both on the html and the css
    side.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 16, 2007