    some free tools does not let more than 5 or 6 signals

    kind regards
    serkan
    Serkan, Feb 5, 2010

  2. Serkan

    Stef Guest

    In comp.lang.vhdl,
    Serkan <> wrote:

    > Any suggestions for a free waveform drawing tool?
    >
    > inkscape or word alike tools take too much time for edition.
    > some free tools does not let more than 10 clock cycles
    > some free tools does not let more than 5 or 6 signals

    With a special font, it can be done a lot faster in word:
    http://www.pcserviceselectronics.co.uk/fonts/index.php

    --
    Stef (remove caps, dashes and .invalid from e-mail address to reply by mail)

    Little known fact about Middle Earth: The Hobbits had a very sophisticated
    computer network! It was a Tolkien Ring...
    Stef, Feb 5, 2010

  3. "Serkan" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > Any suggestions for a free waveform drawing tool?
    >
    > inkscape or word alike tools take too much time for edition.
    > some free tools does not let more than 10 clock cycles
    > some free tools does not let more than 5 or 6 signals
    >
    > kind regards
    > serkan

    http://www.timing-diagrams.com/doku.php

    MIKE
    M.Randelzhofer, Feb 5, 2010
  4. Marcus Harnisch, Feb 7, 2010
  5. Hello serkan,

    The latest version of the TimingAnalyzer now reads VCD files and
    automatically converts and saves it as a timing diagram. This is
    useful for documenting simulation results for specifications, reviews,
    and presentations.

    http://www.timing-diagrams.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=docs:vcd_files

    Dan

    timinganalyzer, Feb 9, 2010
  6. Serkan

    rickman Guest

    I downloaded the program and am having trouble figuring out how to use
    it. The first thing I tried to do was to print the timing diagram to
    a PDF file and I found that the print command in the files menu is
    grayed out. I can't find any mention of printing in the sparse
    documentation. Is printing not supported?

    Rick

    rickman, Feb 12, 2010
  7. Serkan

    rickman Guest

    On Feb 8, 7:51 pm, timinganalyzer <> wrote:
    > Hello serkan,
    >
    > The latest version of the TimingAnalyzer now reads VCD files and
    > automatically converts and saves it as a timing diagram.  This is
    > useful for documenting simulation results for specifications, reviews,
    > and presentations.
    >
    > http://www.timing-diagrams.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=docs:vcd_files
    >
    > Dan
    >
    > On Feb 5, 5:29 pm, "M.Randelzhofer" <> wrote:
    >
    > > "Serkan" <> schrieb im Newsbeitragnews:...

    > > > Any suggestions for a free waveform drawing tool?

    > > > inkscape or word alike tools take too much time for edition.
    > > > some free tools does not let more than 10 clock cycles
    > > > some free tools does not let more than 5 or 6 signals

    > > > kind regards
    > > > serkan

    > >http://www.timing-diagrams.com/doku.php

    > > MIKE

    I am having trouble figuring out other aspects of using this program.
    I noticed that the author's web site doesn't have a forum for users,
    so I've started a Yahoo group for users to discuss this program and
    hopefully provide support to one another.

    I am trying to draw a diagram to help me visualize the advantages of
    replacing registers with latches in designs with tight timing. It
    seems like an uphill struggle given that I can't tell if the things I
    try don't work because that isn't the way the tool works or if I'm
    just not using it right. I'm not finding this tool to be very
    intuitive. But then maybe I'm just not thinking along the right
    vein.

    Rick
    rickman, Feb 14, 2010
  8. On Feb 14, 9:12 am, rickman <> wrote:
    > On Feb 8, 7:51 pm, timinganalyzer <> wrote:
    >

    > > Hello serkan,

    > > The latest version of the TimingAnalyzer now reads VCD files and
    > > automatically converts and saves it as a timing diagram.  This is
    > > useful for documenting simulation results for specifications, reviews,
    > > and presentations.

    > >http://www.timing-diagrams.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=docs:vcd_files

    > > Dan

    > > >http://www.timing-diagrams.com/doku.php

    > > > MIKE

    > I am having trouble figuring out other aspects of using this program.
    > I noticed that the author's web site doesn't have a forum for users,
    > so I've started a Yahoo group for users to discuss this program and
    > hopefully provide support to one another.

    > I am trying to draw a diagram to help me visualize the advantages of
    > replacing registers with latches in designs with tight timing.  It
    > seems like an uphill struggle given that I can't tell if the things I
    > try don't work because that isn't the way the tool works or if I'm
    > just not using it right.  I'm not finding this tool to be very
    > intuitive.  But then maybe I'm just not thinking along the right
    > vein.
    >
    > Rick- Hide quoted text -

    Hi Rick,

    I was away for week and didn't see your response. Yes, the program
    is now freeware and I'm the only developer at this time. I work full
    time as a design engineer so I don't get a lot of time to develop the
    program. As a result, progress is slow but I'm always working on new
    features and bug fixes. I'm focusing the next few releases on bug
    fixes and improvements and better documentation.. I did at one time
    have a user forum, so I will add that back again. There is also a new
    code repository started for python scripts at:

    http://code.google.com/p/timing-analyzer-plugins/

    Printing will be supported, but for now, you have to save the diagram
    as an image and print the image. I realize the program is not as
    polished as some of the commercial quality alternatives, but that will
    change in time.

    If you have any questions, just let me know, my email is:

    Thanks, Dan
    timinganalyzer, Feb 23, 2010
  9. On Feb 23, 10:56 am, timinganalyzer <> wrote:
    > On Feb 14, 9:12 am, rickman <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Feb 8, 7:51 pm, timinganalyzer <> wrote:

    > > > Hello serkan,

    > > > The latest version of the TimingAnalyzer now reads VCD files and
    > > > automatically converts and saves it as a timing diagram.  This is
    > > > useful for documenting simulation results for specifications, reviews,
    > > > and presentations.

    > > >http://www.timing-diagrams.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=docs:vcd_files

    > > > Dan

    > > I am having trouble figuring out other aspects of using this program.
    > > I noticed that the author's web site doesn't have a forum for users,
    > > so I've started a Yahoo group for users to discuss this program and
    > > hopefully provide support to one another.

    > > I am trying to draw a diagram to help me visualize the advantages of
    > > replacing registers with latches in designs with tight timing.  It
    > > seems like an uphill struggle given that I can't tell if the things I
    > > try don't work because that isn't the way the tool works or if I'm
    > > just not using it right.  I'm not finding this tool to be very
    > > intuitive.  But then maybe I'm just not thinking along the right
    > > vein.

    > > Rick- Hide quoted text -

    > Hi Rick,
    >
    > I was away for week and didn't see your response.  Yes,  the program
    > is now freeware and I'm the only developer at this time.  I work full
    > time as a design engineer so I don't get a lot of time to develop the
    > program.  As a result,  progress is slow but I'm always working on new
    > features and bug fixes.  I'm focusing the next few releases on bug
    > fixes and improvements and better documentation..  I did at one time
    > have a user forum, so I will add that back again.  There is also a new
    > code repository started for python scripts at:
    >
    > http://code.google.com/p/timing-analyzer-plugins/
    >
    > Printing will be supported,  but for now, you have to save the diagram
    > as an image and print the image.   I realize the program is not as
    > polished as some of the commercial quality alternatives, but that will
    > change in time.
    >
    > If you have any questions,  just let me know, my email is:
    >

    > Thanks, Dan

    Hi Rick,

    I added 3 new user forums on the website. GUI HELP, Script HELP,
    and New Features and Improvement Request.

    www.timing-diagrams.com/forums/index.php

    -Dan
    timinganalyzer, Feb 24, 2010
  10. Serkan

    Guest

    On Feb 23, 10:43 pm, timinganalyzer <> wrote:
    > On Feb 23, 10:56 am, timinganalyzer <> wrote:

    > > > I am having trouble figuring out other aspects of using this program.
    > > > I noticed that the author's web site doesn't have a forum for users,
    > > > so I've started a Yahoo group for users to discuss this program and
    > > > hopefully provide support to one another.

    > > > I am trying to draw a diagram to help me visualize the advantages of
    > > > replacing registers with latches in designs with tight timing.  It
    > > > seems like an uphill struggle given that I can't tell if the things I
    > > > try don't work because that isn't the way the tool works or if I'm
    > > > just not using it right.  I'm not finding this tool to be very
    > > > intuitive.  But then maybe I'm just not thinking along the right
    > > > vein.

    > > > Rick- Hide quoted text -

    > > Hi Rick,

    > > I was away for week and didn't see your response.  Yes,  the program
    > > is now freeware and I'm the only developer at this time.  I work full
    > > time as a design engineer so I don't get a lot of time to develop the
    > > program.  As a result,  progress is slow but I'm always working on new
    > > features and bug fixes.  I'm focusing the next few releases on bug
    > > fixes and improvements and better documentation..  I did at one time
    > > have a user forum, so I will add that back again.  There is also a new
    > > code repository started for python scripts at:

    > >http://code.google.com/p/timing-analyzer-plugins/

    > > Printing will be supported,  but for now, you have to save the diagram
    > > as an image and print the image.   I realize the program is not as
    > > polished as some of the commercial quality alternatives, but that will
    > > change in time.

    > > If you have any questions,  just let me know, my email is:

    > > Thanks, Dan

    > Hi Rick,
    >
    > I added 3 new user forums on the website.  GUI HELP,  Script HELP,
    > and New Features and Improvement Request.
    >
    > www.timing-diagrams.com/forums/index.php
    >
    > -Dan

    I can't figure out how to add uncertainty window to a bus. Any trick?

    Thanks!
    , Mar 1, 2010
  11. On Feb 28, 8:06 pm, "" <>
    wrote:
    > On Feb 23, 10:43 pm, timinganalyzer <> wrote:

    > > > Hi Rick,

    > > > I was away for week and didn't see your response.  Yes,  the program
    > > > is now freeware and I'm the only developer at this time.  I work full
    > > > time as a design engineer so I don't get a lot of time to develop the
    > > > program.  As a result,  progress is slow but I'm always working on new
    > > > features and bug fixes.  I'm focusing the next few releases on bug
    > > > fixes and improvements and better documentation..  I did at one time
    > > > have a user forum, so I will add that back again.  There is also a new
    > > > code repository started for python scripts at:

    > > >http://code.google.com/p/timing-analyzer-plugins/

    > > > Printing will be supported,  but for now, you have to save the diagram
    > > > as an image and print the image.   I realize the program is not as
    > > > polished as some of the commercial quality alternatives, but that will
    > > > change in time.

    > > > If you have any questions,  just let me know, my email is:

    > > > Thanks, Dan

    > > Hi Rick,

    > > I added 3 new user forums on the website.  GUI HELP,  Script HELP,
    > > and New Features and Improvement Request.

    > >www.timing-diagrams.com/forums/index.php

    > > -Dan

    > I can't figure out how to add uncertainty window to a bus. Any trick?
    >
    > Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

    You have to add a Delay and include the uncertainty in the values for
    min, typ, and max.

    1) select the source edge ( click in edge) from a clock or other
    signal
    2) select the destination edge (click in edge with shft key down) in
    the bus
    3) add Menu - Delay (ctrl 7). That brings up the Delay Panel and the
    User Delay and Constraints Panel on the left
    4) select User Delays and Constraints Panel. (click in tab).
    5) make a User delay that contains the min, typ, and max delay values
    with the uncertainties. Add the User Delay
    6) select the User Delay Panel(click in tab). select that User Delay
    in the Delay Panel. Add the delay.

    Once a User Delay has been added, it can be used in other Delays and
    steps 4 and 5 in the procedure above are not needed.

    I hope this helps.
    Dan
    timinganalyzer, Mar 1, 2010