    - PHP, MySQL, Perl, CGI, Ruby.
    - No Ads at all !

    Check it out Here: http://www.000webhost.com/34013.html

    oputra2, Mar 30, 2008

  2. oputra2

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 30 Mar 2008, oputra2 <> wrote:

    > Today I just found this free host
    >
    > - 250 MB of Disk Space
    > - 100 GB Bandwidth

    That certainly seems an odd combination of disk space and bandwidth to
    me...

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.com/

    Neredbojias, Mar 30, 2008

  3. On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 19:28:21 +0000 (UTC), Neredbojias
    <me@http://www.neredbojias.com/_eml/fliam.php> wrote:

    >On 30 Mar 2008, oputra2 <> wrote:
    >
    >> Today I just found this free host
    >>
    >> - 250 MB of Disk Space
    >> - 100 GB Bandwidth

    >That certainly seems an odd combination of disk space and bandwidth to
    >me...

    IMHO .... 100GB is not a bandwith but the Traffic limit per month

    Your website may not exceed 250Mbytes of disk space AND you visitors
    may not produce a traffic greater than 100GB/month

    it's written in the text:
    Look what we offer totally free: 250 MB disk space, 100 GB data
    transfer,
    located on the page http://www.000webhost.com/

    Raymond SCHMIT, Mar 31, 2008
  4. On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 10:42:17 -0700 (PDT), oputra2 <>
    wrote:

    >Hello everyone!
    >Today I just found this free host with:
    >
    >- 250 MB of Disk Space
    >- 100 GB Bandwidth
    >- Your own domain hosting
    >- cPanel Control panel
    >- Over 500 website templates ready for download
    >- Free POP3 Email Box and Webmail access
    >- FTP and Web based File Manager
    >- PHP, MySQL, Perl, CGI, Ruby.
    >- No Ads at all !
    >
    >Check it out Here: http://www.000webhost.com/34013.html

    I have tested it ....and using a form finishing with a php mail()
    action will not permit the sending a mail to an e-mail adress ending
    with @yahoo.fr :-(

    Raymond SCHMIT, Mar 31, 2008
  5. oputra2 wrote:

    > Hello everyone!
    > Today I just found this free host with:

    Are you Mike? Did you get a new nym and affiliate account because you
    broke the TOS with the last one?

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Vista

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 31, 2008
  6. oputra2

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 30 Mar 2008, (Raymond SCHMIT) wrote:

    >>> Today I just found this free host
    >>>
    >>> - 250 MB of Disk Space
    >>> - 100 GB Bandwidth

    >>That certainly seems an odd combination of disk space and bandwidth to
    >>me...

    > IMHO .... 100GB is not a bandwith but the Traffic limit per month
    >
    > Your website may not exceed 250Mbytes of disk space AND you visitors
    > may not produce a traffic greater than 100GB/month

    I understood that and have seen it termed "bandwidth" although not saying
    the label is accurate.

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.com/

    Neredbojias, Mar 31, 2008
  7. Neredbojias wrote:

    >>>That certainly seems an odd combination of disk space and bandwidth to
    >>>me...

    >> IMHO .... 100GB is not a bandwith but the Traffic limit per month
    >>
    >> Your website may not exceed 250Mbytes of disk space AND you visitors may
    >> not produce a traffic greater than 100GB/month

    > I understood that and have seen it termed "bandwidth" although not saying
    > the label is accurate.

    Yes, it's an accepted term for that.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 1, 2008
  8. oputra2

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 31 Mar 2008, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >>> IMHO .... 100GB is not a bandwith but the Traffic limit per month
    >>>
    >>> Your website may not exceed 250Mbytes of disk space AND you visitors
    >>> may not produce a traffic greater than 100GB/month

    >> I understood that and have seen it termed "bandwidth" although not
    >> saying the label is accurate.

    > Yes, it's an accepted term for that.

    I thought so... Actually, though, isn't it a misnomer?

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.com/

    Neredbojias, Apr 1, 2008
  9. On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 05:17:31 +0000 (UTC), Neredbojias
    <me@http://www.neredbojias.com/_eml/fliam.php> wrote:

    > I thought so... Actually, though, isn't it a misnomer?

    Yup, I'd agree with that. But the use is so widespread that pedants
    like me are stuck with it.
    --
    Steven

    Steven Saunderson, Apr 1, 2008
  10. Neredbojias wrote:

    >>> I understood that and have seen it termed "bandwidth" although not
    >>> saying the label is accurate.

    >> Yes, it's an accepted term for that.

    > I thought so... Actually, though, isn't it a misnomer?

    It just lacks a time constraint. But most people to whom such a parameter
    would be useful (their transfer rate per month) know what it means as
    casually stated.

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 1, 2008
  11. oputra2

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 31 Mar 2008, Steven Saunderson <> wrote:

    > On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 05:17:31 +0000 (UTC), Neredbojias
    > <me@http://www.neredbojias.com/_eml/fliam.php> wrote:
    >
    >> I thought so... Actually, though, isn't it a misnomer?

    > Yup, I'd agree with that. But the use is so widespread that pedants
    > like me are stuck with it.

    Same here though it would've been nice if they'd've come up with a
    different word.

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.com/

    Neredbojias, Apr 1, 2008
  12. oputra2

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 01 Apr 2008, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >>> Yes, it's an accepted term for that.

    >> I thought so... Actually, though, isn't it a misnomer?

    > It just lacks a time constraint. But most people to whom such a
    > parameter would be useful (their transfer rate per month) know what it
    > means as casually stated.

    Yeah, I "got it" first time, though that was without thinking. Had I
    thought about it, there could've been a problem...

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.com/

    Neredbojias, Apr 1, 2008
  13. oputra2

    Mike Barnard Guest

    On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 00:13:34 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >oputra2 wrote:
    >
    >> Hello everyone!
    >> Today I just found this free host with:

    >Are you Mike? Did you get a new nym and affiliate account because you
    >broke the TOS with the last one?
    >
    >> Check it out Here: hXXp://www.000webhost.com/spamnumber.html

    Er, do you mean me? (Because it isn't.) I haven't seen another Mike
    on here recently. *IF* so, wotavidun?

    Mike Barnard, Apr 1, 2008
  14. Mike Barnard wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >
    >> oputra2 wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hello everyone!
    >>> Today I just found this free host with:

    >> Are you Mike? Did you get a new nym and affiliate account because
    >> you broke the TOS with the last one?
    >>
    >>> Check it out Here: hXXp://www.000webhost.com/spamnumber.html

    > Er, do you mean me? (Because it isn't.) I haven't seen another Mike
    > on here recently. *IF* so, wotavidun?

    No, not you, Mike the Fireman... :) There was another(?) Google Group
    spammer here calling himself Mike a bit ago touting the same message, an
    affiliate link to this free web hosting company. Apparently, if you
    click it, and sign up for services, the affiliate spammer receives $5.00
    (but doesn't get any money until 20 people have done it in a month's
    time).

    I was just suggesting that this oputrid2 and that Mike were the same
    person.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 1, 2008
  15. oputra2

    Mike Barnard Guest

    On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 06:20:04 -0500, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >spammer here calling himself Mike a bit ago touting the same message, an
    >affiliate link to this free web hosting company. Apparently, if you
    >click it, and sign up for services, the affiliate spammer receives $5.00
    >(but doesn't get any money until 20 people have done it in a month's
    >time).
    >
    >I was just suggesting that this oputrid2 and that Mike were the same
    >person.

    Solongasitsnotme. :)

    Mike Barnard, Apr 1, 2008
  16. Neredbojias wrote:

    >>> I understood that and have seen it termed "bandwidth" although not
    >>> saying the label is accurate.

    >> Yes, it's an accepted term for that.

    > I thought so... Actually, though, isn't it a misnomer?

    If "bandwidth" means "limit on number of units of data per unit of
    time", it can be thought to apply whether the limit is physical or
    contractual and whether the unit of time is one second or one month.

    Harlan Messinger, Apr 1, 2008
  17. oputra2

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 01 Apr 2008, Harlan Messinger <> wrote:

    >>> Yes, it's an accepted term for that.

    >> I thought so... Actually, though, isn't it a misnomer?

    > If "bandwidth" means "limit on number of units of data per unit of
    > time", it can be thought to apply whether the limit is physical or
    > contractual and whether the unit of time is one second or one month.

    Hmm, okay, that sounds reasonable. Bandwidth it is.

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.com/

    Neredbojias, Apr 1, 2008
  18. On 2008-04-01, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > No, not you, Mike the Fireman... :) There was another(?) Google Group
    > spammer here calling himself Mike a bit ago touting the same message, an
    > affiliate link to this free web hosting company. Apparently, if you
    > click it, and sign up for services, the affiliate spammer receives $5.00

    Any time I see one of those I remove the affiliate ID from the URL
    before going to it.

    Author:

    Chris F.A. Johnson, Apr 2, 2008
  19. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Mike Barnard wrote:

    >>> Are you Mike? Did you get a new nym and affiliate account because
    >>> you broke the TOS with the last one?

    >> Er, do you mean me? (Because it isn't.) I haven't seen another Mike
    >> on here recently. *IF* so, wotavidun?

    > No, not you, Mike the Fireman... :) There was another(?) Google Group
    > spammer here calling himself Mike a bit ago touting the same message, an
    > affiliate link to this free web hosting company. Apparently, if you
    > click it, and sign up for services, the affiliate spammer receives $5.00
    > (but doesn't get any money until 20 people have done it in a month's
    > time).

    And lemme guess...he just stumbled upon that site one day and thought
    we should be told about it. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 2, 2008
  20. Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:

    > On 2008-04-01, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> No, not you, Mike the Fireman... :) There was another(?) Google
    >> Group spammer here calling himself Mike a bit ago touting the same
    >> message, an affiliate link to this free web hosting company.
    >> Apparently, if you click it, and sign up for services, the affiliate
    >> spammer receives $5.00

    > Any time I see one of those I remove the affiliate ID from the URL
    > before going to it.

    Oh yes. Me too.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 2, 2008