    Rod

    "it takes an unusual mind to see the obvious."
    - Alfred Whitehead

    Rod Person, Jul 7, 2007

  2. Rod Person ha escrito:
    > I'm looking for a way to determine which window manager is running using
    > python. I can't seem to find a system variable that hold this info.

    I don't think one exists. You could check which process is running,
    but that would be so web 1.0 (think javascript) it makes me sick just
    to think about it. A better alternative could be to code with the
    extended WM hints (see http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/wm-spec-latest.html
    ), that should cover many needs. As with the web, (this might be
    something you already know, I apologise in that case), try to code to
    functionality, not names. Check if the WM can do what you want, not
    its name or version

    HTH
    --
    Saludos