Freelance Rubyist needed for web

Dan Janowski

Hello fellow Rubyists!

I need a freelance Ruby programmer. All the work is Web oriented and is
strictly data side (no html/front end work required). Oracle is our
database, ruby-oci8 is the interface, clearsilver is the template
system (www.clearsilver.net), and I have an in-house CGI input
replacement that is template driven. There is a mix of Apache (no eruby
or rbx, a module built in ruby) and WEBrick as well as some custom
Ruby-proxy-RPC (kind of like drb, but more unidirectional and less hook
backs).

Requirements are strong ruby for www, SQL and data design, ability to
maintain coding style in use. The operating environment is Solaris and
absolute unix comfort is a must.

The work would be building a number of new interfaces, admin tools and
database tables in support of new site features and departments.

This is a simplification of the situation. I find the work interesting,
and enjoy it myself. I have spent the past 2 years working on this and
it has substantial complexity. However, we are interested in
accelerating the development of some tributary components.

Please feel free to ask questions and offer yourself or others that may
suit the criteria. If you are interested and believe yourself
qualified, just let me know who you are and some pertinent details.

Thanks for your attention.

Dan