    www.designcrowd.com

    Regards
    JohnT
    Design-Crowd, Dec 1, 2004

  2. Design-Crowd wrote:

    > There are no fees, its totally free. I run the community purely
    > voluntary.

    It has adverts, so someone must be getting some income from it.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Dec 1, 2004

  3. Design-Crowd

    neredbojias Guest

    Without quill or qualm, Design-Crowd quothed:

    > Hi all, Please dont think this spam. Just genuinely trying to help
    > freelancers
    >
    > I voluntary run a jobs forum for Freelance Designers and Programmers. We are
    > in need of more freelancers to apply for the projects we have on the board
    > at the moment. The more freelancers we have, means more projects being
    > posted
    >
    > There are no fees, its totally free. I run the community purely voluntary.
    > So I guess this is an invite if you are interested.

    The last time I did something for free I didn't get paid.

    --
    Neredbojias
    neredbojias, Dec 2, 2004
  4. neredbojias wrote:
    > Without quill or qualm, Design-Crowd quothed:
    >

    >>Hi all, Please dont think this spam. Just genuinely trying to help
    >>freelancers
    >>
    >>I voluntary run a jobs forum for Freelance Designers and Programmers. We are
    >>in need of more freelancers to apply for the projects we have on the board
    >>at the moment. The more freelancers we have, means more projects being
    >>posted
    >>
    >>There are no fees, its totally free. I run the community purely voluntary.
    >>So I guess this is an invite if you are interested.

    > The last time I did something for free I didn't get paid.

    Hello neredbojias,

    The OP was not suggesting that you do the work for free. What he means
    by *freelancer* is that you are an independent worker, who sells your
    work to the employer without any long-term commitment.

    So, really, if you are a *freelancer* so to speak, the OP is giving you
    the opportunity to find yourself some work using their website forums,
    where *employers* are advertising their needs.

    Not sure if Design-Crowd are taking commission for the work you do
    because of their service; something perhaps interesting to take a look
    at if you need the spare work.

    Yours Sincerely,
    Samuël ML Lison

    --
    DreamCities.net - A Community for All! (http://www.dreamcities.net)
    Jobs Available: http://business.dreamcities.net/jobs.html
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Samu=EBl_ML_Lison?=, Dec 2, 2004
  5. Design-Crowd

    Design-Crowd Guest

    Thank you Samuel for putting things into perspective.
    The answer is that I do run it voluntary and I do not earn a penny. No fees
    are involved at all. I am a freelancer myself and sympathise with the cause.
    Its very strange that I have had such a hostile reaction from other groups
    too when all I am trying to do is help??? Makes me a bit blue all this

    Thanks anyway
    JohnT
    www.designcrowd.com

    Design-Crowd, Dec 2, 2004
  6. Design-Crowd wrote:
    > Thank you Samuel for putting things into perspective.
    > The answer is that I do run it voluntary and I do not earn a penny. No fees
    > are involved at all. I am a freelancer myself and sympathise with the cause.
    > Its very strange that I have had such a hostile reaction from other groups
    > too when all I am trying to do is help??? Makes me a bit blue all this
    >
    > Thanks anyway
    > JohnT
    > www.designcrowd.com
    >

    > "Samuël ML Lison" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>neredbojias wrote:
    >>
    >>>Without quill or qualm, Design-Crowd quothed:

    > are

    > board

    > voluntary.

    >>>The last time I did something for free I didn't get paid.
    >>>

    >>Hello neredbojias,
    >>
    >>The OP was not suggesting that you do the work for free. What he means
    >>by *freelancer* is that you are an independent worker, who sells your
    >>work to the employer without any long-term commitment.
    >>
    >>So, really, if you are a *freelancer* so to speak, the OP is giving you
    >>the opportunity to find yourself some work using their website forums,
    >>where *employers* are advertising their needs.
    >>
    >>Not sure if Design-Crowd are taking commission for the work you do
    >>because of their service; something perhaps interesting to take a look
    >>at if you need the spare work.
    >>

    >>Yours Sincerely,
    >>Samuël ML Lison
    >>
    >>--
    >>DreamCities.net - A Community for All! (http://www.dreamcities.net)
    >>Jobs Available: http://business.dreamcities.net/jobs.html
    >>Contact Me: http://about.dreamcities.net/contact.html

    I think you are doing a great job John, the site is very useful.

    --
    Peter
    nativespace - hosting & domain names
    Peter - nativespace hosting, Dec 4, 2004
  7. Design-Crowd

    Aquila Deus Guest

    "Design-Crowd" <> wrote in message news:<41ae04d6$0$23020$>...
    > Hi all, Please dont think this spam. Just genuinely trying to help
    > freelancers
    >
    > I voluntary run a jobs forum for Freelance Designers and Programmers. We are
    > in need of more freelancers to apply for the projects we have on the board
    > at the moment. The more freelancers we have, means more projects being
    > posted
    >
    > There are no fees, its totally free. I run the community purely voluntary.
    > So I guess this is an invite if you are interested.
    >
    > www.designcrowd.com

    Thanks for the site!
    Aquila Deus, Dec 5, 2004