freeRIDE ML down?

David Morton

I sent a message to the freeRIDE users list
([email protected]) a few days ago, and it hasn't come back
to me, and it hasn't made the archives. The last archived message was
on the 7th. Is it operational?

Curt Hibbs

David said:
I sent a message to the freeRIDE users list
([email protected]) a few days ago, and it hasn't come back
to me, and it hasn't made the archives. The last archived message was
on the 7th. Is it operational?

Hmmm... I'm not aware of it being down, but it does have a very low traffic
level.

I just cc'd this response to the FreeRIDE users lists to see if my post
makes it through.

Curt

David Morton

Curt said:
I just cc'd this response to the FreeRIDE users lists to see if my post
makes it through.

It made it this time. :/
Hrm, I wonder if my email client crashed, cause now I can't find the
original email in my sent box.

Anyway...

I'm new to Ruby, and need a project to learn a few things. I decided to
do something that I've not really seen done before - making a mysql
plugin for freeRIDE. It will allow the user to log into and view sql
schema and data, and maybe even modify the tables. Sort of a miniature
phpMyAdmin interface, built into the dock pane.

I was originally asking for any pointers on how to do stuff, though at
the moment, I seem to being moving along ok. I'm also new to gui
development, so most of my headaches have been of the "No matching
function for overloaded 'new_FXfoo' type. (Which I discovered usually
means a value being passed in is not what I think it is.)