FreeRIDE on Mac OS X (or anything with a working debugger)

Ashley Moran

Hi

A bit off-topic I suppose, but the FreeRIDE mailing lists are a bit
of a ghost town. I've tried to install FreeRIDE from MacPorts (with
an up-to-date ports tree) on OS X 10.4.8, unfortunately it fails with
the error below. Installing the rb-rrb port separately fails in a
similar way. Has anyone got this working?

What I'm really after is the debugger... I write all my code in
TextMate. I've also tried RDT (as part of RadRails standalone and as
a plugin to the full Eclipse) but a few seconds after the debugger
starts (and announces what port it's running on) the process just
shows as <terminated>. Is it just me or is it broken on OS X?

Are there any other visual debuggers for Ruby working on Mac OS X?

Thanks
Ashley

$ sudo port install freeride
Password:
---> Building rb-ripper with target all
Error: Target com.apple.build returned: shell command "cd "/opt/local/
var/db/dports/build/
_opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dp
orts_ruby_rb-ripper/work/ripper-0.0.5" && make all RUBY="/opt/local/
bin/ruby -rvendor-specific"" returned error 2
Command output: ripper.y:4553: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
ripper.y:4554: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ripper.y:4554: error: parse error before ')' token
ripper.y:4554: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ripper.y:4554: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ripper.y:4557: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ripper.y:4557: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ripper.y:4557: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ripper.y:4557: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ripper.y:4560: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ripper.y:4560: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ripper.y:4560: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ripper.y:4560: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ripper.y:4563: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ripper.y:4563: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ripper.y:4563: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ripper.y:4563: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ripper.y:4566: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ripper.y:4566: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ripper.y:4566: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ripper.y:4566: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ripper.y:4569: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ripper.y:4569: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ripper.y:4569: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ripper.y:4569: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ripper.y:4572: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ripper.y:4572: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ripper.y:4572: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ripper.y:4572: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make: *** [ripper.o] Error 1

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: rb-ripper rb-rrb