FreeRIDE on Mac OS X (or anything with a working debugger)

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Ashley Moran, Oct 28, 2006.

  1. Ashley Moran

    Ashley Moran Guest

    Hi

    A bit off-topic I suppose, but the FreeRIDE mailing lists are a bit
    of a ghost town. I've tried to install FreeRIDE from MacPorts (with
    an up-to-date ports tree) on OS X 10.4.8, unfortunately it fails with
    the error below. Installing the rb-rrb port separately fails in a
    similar way. Has anyone got this working?

    What I'm really after is the debugger... I write all my code in
    TextMate. I've also tried RDT (as part of RadRails standalone and as
    a plugin to the full Eclipse) but a few seconds after the debugger
    starts (and announces what port it's running on) the process just
    shows as <terminated>. Is it just me or is it broken on OS X?

    Are there any other visual debuggers for Ruby working on Mac OS X?

    Thanks
    Ashley

    $ sudo port install freeride
    Password:
    ---> Building rb-ripper with target all
    Error: Target com.apple.build returned: shell command "cd "/opt/local/
    var/db/dports/build/
    _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dp
    orts_ruby_rb-ripper/work/ripper-0.0.5" && make all RUBY="/opt/local/
    bin/ruby -rvendor-specific"" returned error 2
    Command output: ripper.y:4553: error: dereferencing pointer to
    incomplete type
    ripper.y:4554: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    ripper.y:4554: error: parse error before ')' token
    ripper.y:4554: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    ripper.y:4554: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    ripper.y:4557: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    ripper.y:4557: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    ripper.y:4557: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    ripper.y:4557: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    ripper.y:4560: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    ripper.y:4560: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    ripper.y:4560: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    ripper.y:4560: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    ripper.y:4563: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    ripper.y:4563: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    ripper.y:4563: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    ripper.y:4563: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    ripper.y:4566: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    ripper.y:4566: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    ripper.y:4566: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    ripper.y:4566: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    ripper.y:4569: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    ripper.y:4569: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    ripper.y:4569: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    ripper.y:4569: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    ripper.y:4572: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    ripper.y:4572: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    ripper.y:4572: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    ripper.y:4572: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    make: *** [ripper.o] Error 1

    Error: The following dependencies failed to build: rb-ripper rb-rrb

    Ashley Moran, Oct 28, 2006