Freeride on winxp doesn't capture output

Tydr Schnubbis

I have Freeride 0.9.5. I if have a script like 'puts "hello"', save it,
and then press F5, this is what the output window displays:
ruby C:/prog/ruby/test.rb
exit

It doesn't show the output of my program, and there's no error message
in the FreeRIDE seperate console window either.

Think I had this problem with FreeRide 0.9.4 too, that's probably why I
upgraded. I know that ruby is unix-centric, and that you're suppposed
the use emacs and all that, but I'm spoilt by Python's wonderful IDLE
interactive IDE. I just want it to work, so I can start checking out Ruby.

I tried the Scite version that comes with ruby too, but that seems to
have it's own set of problems...

So I'm resorting to using a generic editor, the command line, and irb
for now.

Curt Hibbs

Set the FreeRIDE preference to run Ruby programs in terminal window:

Edit>>Preferences>>Debugger/Run>>Run process in terminal

Curt

Tydr Schnubbis

Curt said:
Set the FreeRIDE preference to run Ruby programs in terminal window:

Edit>>Preferences>>Debugger/Run>>Run process in terminal

Curt
I tried, but it didn't make any difference. Nothing new happened. Not
sure if I tried restarting FreeRide, but I can try again later.

billbell52

I am basically having the same problem. With the standalone version I
get this behavior when I do a run. If I run in debug mode it works and
the output goes to the command window. If I run the One-Click Install
version the debugger does not work but the program runs correctly with
the Run mode. I a trying a reinstall of everything to see if has any
impact.