FreeRIDE problem ("Failing to load")

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Tobias Jonch, Mar 21, 2006.

  1. Tobias Jonch

    Tobias Jonch Guest

    ------=_Part_3008_23248944.1142947848767

    Hello,

    I had to reinstall ruby recently, along with everything else, due to a HD
    formatting. Now freeride used to work pretty well before, and I don't recal=
    seeing this problem first time around - I suspect I might be missing some
    gem, possibly some form of 'tools'.

    In any case, using either the stand-alone or the windows installer, I get
    back a long list of files it can't load and/or start - like the last two
    lines:

    Failing to load: rubyide_tools_source_parser
    Failing to start: rubyide_tools_source_parser

    I'm using the latest stable versions of everthing, on a xp machine.

    If it isn't already painfully clear to you, I'm not very well-versed in
    ruby, so please keep it as simple as possible.

    Thank you
    Tobias

    Oh, almost forgot.
    In my search for something along the line of 'tools', I tried to use
    rubygems to look it up, but something is amiss here too.
    Typing 'gem search tools --remote' returns:

    *** REMOTE GEMS ***
    ERROR: While executing gem ... (ArgumentError)
    invalid date

    It returns the same thing when I try to use 'query'.
    Why would it care about a friggin' date?!

    Thanks again!

    ------=_Part_3008_23248944.1142947848767--
    Tobias Jonch, Mar 21, 2006

  2. Tobias Jonch

    Curt Hibbs Guest

    On 3/21/06, Tobias Jonch <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I had to reinstall ruby recently, along with everything else, due to a HD
    > formatting. Now freeride used to work pretty well before, and I don't rec=

    all
    > seeing this problem first time around - I suspect I might be missing some
    > gem, possibly some form of 'tools'.
    >
    > In any case, using either the stand-alone or the windows installer, I get
    > back a long list of files it can't load and/or start - like the last two
    > lines:
    >
    > Failing to load: rubyide_tools_source_parser
    > Failing to start: rubyide_tools_source_parser
    >
    > I'm using the latest stable versions of everthing, on a xp machine.
    >
    > If it isn't already painfully clear to you, I'm not very well-versed in
    > ruby, so please keep it as simple as possible.

    Try deleting the freeride configuration directory (it will be
    automatically recreated). Its the "freeride" subdirectory of your home
    directory (on windows this would be %USERPROFILE%\freeride). This can
    sometimes help.

    Curt
    Curt Hibbs, Mar 21, 2006

  3. Tobias Jonch

    Tobias Jonch Guest

    ------=_Part_5536_16396178.1142961513746

    > Try deleting the freeride configuration directory (it will be
    > automatically recreated). Its the "freeride" subdirectory of your home
    > directory (on windows this would be %USERPROFILE%\freeride). This can
    > sometimes help.
    >
    > Curt
    >
    > Thanks Curt, but I actually found this advise already, and it doesn't

    help.

    I've gotten used to freeride and would prefer to stick with it, but perhaps
    there are other ruby IDEs around if I can't?

    Tobias

    ------=_Part_5536_16396178.1142961513746--
    Tobias Jonch, Mar 21, 2006
  4. Tobias Jonch

    Curt Hibbs Guest

    On 3/21/06, Tobias Jonch <> wrote:
    > > Try deleting the freeride configuration directory (it will be
    > > automatically recreated). Its the "freeride" subdirectory of your home
    > > directory (on windows this would be %USERPROFILE%\freeride). This can
    > > sometimes help.
    > >
    > > Curt
    > >
    > > Thanks Curt, but I actually found this advise already, and it doesn't

    > help.
    >
    > I've gotten used to freeride and would prefer to stick with it, but perha=

    ps
    > there are other ruby IDEs around if I can't?

    Have you tried the latest version of the one-click installer (184-16
    preview 3)? It comes with the new version of FreeRIDE, and that copy
    of FreeRIDE is working for me (just make sure you do not install on
    top of a previous version of the one-click installer).

    Curt
    Curt Hibbs, Mar 21, 2006
  5. Tobias Jonch

    Tobias Jonch Guest

    ------=_Part_7104_17528836.1142972443766

    > Have you tried the latest version of the one-click installer (184-16
    > preview 3)? It comes with the new version of FreeRIDE, and that copy
    > of FreeRIDE is working for me (just make sure you do not install on
    > top of a previous version of the one-click installer).
    >
    > Curt

    Curt Curse-curer!!

    Thank you :)

    ------=_Part_7104_17528836.1142972443766--