FreeRIDE problem ("Failing to load")

Tobias Jonch

------=_Part_3008_23248944.1142947848767

Hello,

I had to reinstall ruby recently, along with everything else, due to a HD
formatting. Now freeride used to work pretty well before, and I don't recal=
seeing this problem first time around - I suspect I might be missing some
gem, possibly some form of 'tools'.

In any case, using either the stand-alone or the windows installer, I get
back a long list of files it can't load and/or start - like the last two
lines:

Failing to load: rubyide_tools_source_parser
Failing to start: rubyide_tools_source_parser

I'm using the latest stable versions of everthing, on a xp machine.

If it isn't already painfully clear to you, I'm not very well-versed in
ruby, so please keep it as simple as possible.

Thank you
Tobias

Oh, almost forgot.
In my search for something along the line of 'tools', I tried to use
rubygems to look it up, but something is amiss here too.
Typing 'gem search tools --remote' returns:

*** REMOTE GEMS ***
ERROR: While executing gem ... (ArgumentError)
invalid date

It returns the same thing when I try to use 'query'.
Why would it care about a friggin' date?!

Thanks again!

------=_Part_3008_23248944.1142947848767--

Curt Hibbs

Hello,

I had to reinstall ruby recently, along with everything else, due to a HD
formatting. Now freeride used to work pretty well before, and I don't rec= all
seeing this problem first time around - I suspect I might be missing some
gem, possibly some form of 'tools'.

In any case, using either the stand-alone or the windows installer, I get
back a long list of files it can't load and/or start - like the last two
lines:

Failing to load: rubyide_tools_source_parser
Failing to start: rubyide_tools_source_parser

I'm using the latest stable versions of everthing, on a xp machine.

If it isn't already painfully clear to you, I'm not very well-versed in
ruby, so please keep it as simple as possible.

Try deleting the freeride configuration directory (it will be
automatically recreated). Its the "freeride" subdirectory of your home
directory (on windows this would be %USERPROFILE%\freeride). This can
sometimes help.

Curt

Tobias Jonch

------=_Part_5536_16396178.1142961513746
Try deleting the freeride configuration directory (it will be
automatically recreated). Its the "freeride" subdirectory of your home
directory (on windows this would be %USERPROFILE%\freeride). This can
sometimes help.

Curt

Thanks Curt, but I actually found this advise already, and it doesn't
help.

I've gotten used to freeride and would prefer to stick with it, but perhaps
there are other ruby IDEs around if I can't?

Tobias

------=_Part_5536_16396178.1142961513746--

Curt Hibbs

help.

I've gotten used to freeride and would prefer to stick with it, but perha= ps
there are other ruby IDEs around if I can't?

Have you tried the latest version of the one-click installer (184-16
preview 3)? It comes with the new version of FreeRIDE, and that copy
of FreeRIDE is working for me (just make sure you do not install on
top of a previous version of the one-click installer).

Curt

Tobias Jonch

------=_Part_7104_17528836.1142972443766
Have you tried the latest version of the one-click installer (184-16
preview 3)? It comes with the new version of FreeRIDE, and that copy
of FreeRIDE is working for me (just make sure you do not install on
top of a previous version of the one-click installer).

Curt
Curt Curse-curer!!

Thank you :)

------=_Part_7104_17528836.1142972443766--