Freetype 2 Bindings

Leon

Hi,

Has anybody experimented with this python binding for Freetype2
(http://www.satzbau-gmbh.de/staff/abel/ft2/index.html) ? I'm hoping to
learn more about using text in pyOpenGl by creating textures from
glyphs generated by Freetype2. I downloaded and installed the bindings,
and with the download came an example (render.py) which renders a
string to an image, when I run the example without modifying the code,
only the first character of a string I feed it appears in the image and
blank spaces are present for the rest of the characters (you'll see
what I mean if you run render.py). I'm pretty sure it's the part of the
code in the example that defines the kerning, but I'm new to Freetype2,
and I tried following the documentation and changing the code, but I
can't pinpoint the exact problem. If you have experience programming
with Freetype2 and can figure out this out, please help, I'll be
forever grateful.

Thanks,
Leon