    a java project?

    greetingz
    Sunil

    SP, Jun 28, 2003

  2. Anthony Williams, Jun 28, 2003

  3. SP

    Mark Benson Guest

    Try InstallAnywhere. They have a free version available. Works fine.

    http://www.zerog.com

    MB

    Mark Benson, Jun 28, 2003
  4. On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:37:10 GMT, SP wrote:

    > hi!
    > thanks...
    > i have run into another problem...may be u can help with that
    > my project has a few folders and subfolder and my main resides in login.java
    > which is in the mail folder
    > now i need an executable. i thought to make a jar package of the project
    > and then run the jar from a .bat file
    > would this work??
    > i have neve done anything like this before...do u have a better idea?
    >
    > greetingz
    > Sunil

    Hi,

    If you're using InnoSetup, it's possible to setup a number of directories
    in the install script itself. Look in the script for a section labelled,
    [Files]. Underneath it you can place as many files as you want using the
    following:

    [Files]
    Source: "C:\My Program\Main Dir\mainprog.exe"; DestDir: "{app}";
    Source: "C:\My Program\Main Dir\Sub Dir\MyDLL.dll"; DestDir: "{app}\Sub
    Dir"

    Etc..

    Hope this helps,

    Anthony
    --
    http://www.micromadhouse.com
    http://www.metaneo.com

    Anthony Williams, Jun 28, 2003
  5. SP

    Keeger Guest

    Mark Benson <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Try InstallAnywhere. They have a free version available. Works fine.
    >
    > http://www.zerog.com
    >
    > MB
    >

    > SP wrote:
    > > hi!
    > > can somebody help me fine a freeware installer, which is eary to handle, for
    > > a java project?
    > >
    > > greetingz
    > > Sunil

    since you mentioned batch files, I think you are talking about windows
    installs. I've noticed that JAR files are listed as "executable jar"
    files in explorer, and if I double click one, it starts up a JVM and
    runs it. (sometimes it fails for no main(), but hey)

    If not, you can make a batch file sure. to ensure it works, i'd put
    it in the install dir (where the jar is) and that way you can
    guarantee it launches and don't have to mess with paths.

    Keeger, Jun 30, 2003
  6. SP

    Klaus Kloos Guest

    SP <> wrote:

    > hi!
    > can somebody help me fine a freeware installer, which is eary to handle, for
    > a java project?
    >
    > greetingz
    > Sunil

    http://www.izforge.com/izpack/index.php3

    This project works good for me (tested MacOSX and Windows).

    Greetings Klaus

    Klaus Kloos, Jun 30, 2003