    D. Alvarado Guest

    Can anyone recommend a good freeware tool for validating my XML doc
    against an XML schema? Thanks, - Dave

    D. Alvarado, Apr 19, 2004

  2. D. Alvarado wrote:

    > Can anyone recommend a good freeware tool for validating my XML doc
    > against an XML schema? Thanks, - Dave

    You could use jEdit, a programmer's text editor implemented in Java that
    can then install a plugin using Xerces J to do the validation, see
    http://www.jedit.org/
    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Apr 20, 2004

  3. D. Alvarado wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend a good freeware tool for validating my XML doc
    > against an XML schema? Thanks, - Dave

    To check local files using a web tool, check out
    http://apps.gotdotnet.com/xmltools/xsdvalidator/.

    --
    Victor

    Victor Engmark, Apr 20, 2004
  4. Hi,

    I spent lots of time to find one too. I would recomend, to write a simple
    commandline tool in C# (this is just a couple lines of code) and integrate
    it in a Editor like Textpad.

    Sascha Kerschhofer

    Sascha Kerschhofer, Apr 20, 2004
  5. The public W3C XML Schema homepage [1] lists a number of free validators.
    Several of them have online form-based interfaces as well as
    downloads.

    ht

    [1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Schema.html
    Half-time member of W3C Team