    wanted a small utility to get through them all.

    thanks for any suggestions on this
    Rick

    RickH, Jul 25, 2006

  2. RickH wrote:
    > Does anyone know of a lightweight freeware utility that will do the
    > following?:
    >
    > 1) Input 2 files: an XML file and an XSL/FO file
    > 2) Do a transform
    > 3) Then output a pdf file

    Normally, what you do is input an XML and an XSLT style sheet (that
    produces XSL-FO output) into an XSLT processor, then input the XSL-FO
    into an FO processor for rendering.

    Apache's solutions for this are the Xalan and FOP tools respectively --
    free, open source, active user/support communities.

    Joe Kesselman, Jul 25, 2006

  3. RickH

    SL Guest

    <http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/> ?

    SL, Jul 25, 2006
  4. RickH

    jon001

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Free XSLFO engine

    here you have a free windows installer that contains Apache FOP. You can test XSLFO files very easily in your web browser:

    www.java4less.com/apache/fop.php

    .

    jon001, Oct 30, 2011