Freeware xml/xslfo to pdf

RickH

Does anyone know of a lightweight freeware utility that will do the
following?:

1) Input 2 files: an XML file and an XSL/FO file
2) Do a transform
3) Then output a pdf file

For Windows platform. Seems simple enough, I need to test a bunch of
XSL/FO report stylesheets against different XML data test cases and
wanted a small utility to get through them all.

thanks for any suggestions on this
Rick

Joe Kesselman

RickH said:
Does anyone know of a lightweight freeware utility that will do the
following?:

1) Input 2 files: an XML file and an XSL/FO file
2) Do a transform
3) Then output a pdf file

Normally, what you do is input an XML and an XSLT style sheet (that
produces XSL-FO output) into an XSLT processor, then input the XSL-FO
into an FO processor for rendering.

Apache's solutions for this are the Xalan and FOP tools respectively --
free, open source, active user/support communities.

SL

<http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/> ?