freeze tool like perl2exe?

Jerry

I am looking for a freeze tool for Python that is similar to perl2exe
in that I can "compile" a script on one platform that is built for
another. Basically, I would like to be able to build a Python script
for Solaris using my Windows workstation. Is there any tool that fits
the bill?

Thanks,
Jerry

Jarek Zgoda

Jerry napisal:
I am looking for a freeze tool for Python that is similar to perl2exe
in that I can "compile" a script on one platform that is built for
another. Basically, I would like to be able to build a Python script
for Solaris using my Windows workstation. Is there any tool that fits
the bill?

AFAIK Python tools like py2exe tend to bundle together whole VM
(interpreter + all needed library modules) along with your code. Anyway,
I didn't use (nor even find) anything similar.

John Bokma

Jarek Zgoda said:
Jerry napisal:

AFAIK Python tools like py2exe tend to bundle together whole VM
(interpreter + all needed library modules) along with your code. Anyway,
I didn't use (nor even find) anything similar.

Afaik perl2exe and the free PAR tool do this as well (I am sure about
PAR).

Jerry

I did look at cx_Freeze at one point in time, but the documentation on
their site is pretty sparse and doesn't actually mention being able to
build for a different platform. I'll take another look. Thanks.