Freeze vs cx_Freeze

Discussion in 'Python' started by mathieu, Apr 6, 2007.

  1. mathieu

    mathieu Guest

    Hello,

    I am currently investigating how to distribute a python based
    application on a targeted linux system (debian) and so far I only
    found two options:
    - Freeze (shipped with python dist)
    - cx_Freeze (*)

    As far as I understand those two options are very close. According to
    the cx_Freeze README cx_Freeze is simply easier to use (no dependencie
    of gcc, faster to create binaries) and it is cross-platform (no
    interest for me in this case).

    Anything else ?

    thanks,
    -MM

    (*) http://python.net/crew/atuining/cx_Freeze/

    mathieu, Apr 6, 2007

  2. On Friday 06 April 2007 9:08 am, mathieu wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am currently investigating how to distribute a python based
    > application on a targeted linux system (debian) and so far I only
    > found two options:
    > - Freeze (shipped with python dist)
    > - cx_Freeze (*)
    >
    > As far as I understand those two options are very close. According to
    > the cx_Freeze README cx_Freeze is simply easier to use (no dependencie
    > of gcc, faster to create binaries) and it is cross-platform (no
    > interest for me in this case).
    >
    > Anything else ?

    http://pyinstaller.python-hosting.com/

    Phil