Freezing <Td> and <TR>

jack

Hi all im Creating a report in HTML with the help of dotnet.. im
creating a which shows a data of 12 months .. the forst row of the
column contains month names.. and the following data..

The table which contains a data is under div which has a scroll bar..
What in trying to do is freeze the first row of the table which is been
generated.. when scrolled vertically
And the first column of the table when scrolled horizonatlly...

I have tried some of the methods but unable to do so .. I would be glad
if someone help me out in this

Thanks for replying me.

jack

Actually in generating this TD and TR from the code. I have tried
using frames. but frames was making things complicated next to
impossible. Now the problem is im able to freeze the TD and TR but the
page scrolls damn slow.. i have used css for the purpose..which
calculated and freezes the rows,

Im searching for the alternate method through which i can freeze these
TD and TR.

But please if any one of you out there had come againse such a kind of
scenarios the please to let me know the solution..

Thanks for replying me

jack

The method which i have used is thsi

Which is mentioned in one of the class in the style sheet (css) and
this is given to the first row and the first column which would be
freezed when scrolled horizontally or vertically.

position: relative;
top: expression(this.offsetParent.scrollTop - 2);

but while doing this the page scrolls very slowly and takes lot of time
to respond the scroll..

how can i increase the speed of scroll.

please help ..