    running Perl 5.8 on Solaris 8 and lib/HTML/Entities.pm causes a segmentation
    fault when I use French characters (such as "o chapeau") in my strings. Is
    there a way to remedy this?
    gusmeister, Jun 1, 2004

  2. gusmeister wrote:
    > Does Perl handle foreign characters (such as French characters)? I am
    > running Perl 5.8

    Perl 5.8 is fully Unicode compatible.
    How is your text encoded?

    > on Solaris 8 and lib/HTML/Entities.pm causes a
    > segmentation fault when I use French characters (such as "o chapeau")
    > in my strings. Is there a way to remedy this?

    You may want to read the other thread that is going on right now, titled "
    decode_entities possible bug"

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Jun 1, 2004

  3. gusmeister

    gusmeister Guest

    Jürgen Exner <> wrote:
    > Perl 5.8 is fully Unicode compatible.
    > How is your text encoded?

    For example, one string contains the French word "imp\364t" (i.e. impot). I
    have downloaded/installed the latest version of HTML/Entities.pm and it
    still coredumps.
    gusmeister, Jun 3, 2004