French Encoding

None

Hi,

Our Website is french website. When we search in google for our
site its showing the title name with some characters like -- droit
propriété industrielle, protection propriétà ... But in our
default.aspx page we given title as droit propriété industrielle,
protection propriété intellectuelle. we have added french encoding
meta tag like below.

charset=iso-8859-1">

But its still not showing exactly what we given in title for
Default.aspx. I have tried this also <meta
http-equiv="content-language" content="FR"> instead of <meta
name="language" content="France, French">. But still its not showing.
What could be the problem. Is i have to add anything extra to get
exact frech characters. If i got solution for this problem then
immediately it will come in Google site or it will take some time.

Thanks,
Vinoth

Grant Merwitz

Not sure how to fix it.
But it will most definately NOT show up in google immeadiatly.

Google does periodic searches on websites and saves Cached versions of the
pages on there servers.
So your changes will take a while to show up in there search results. ...
how long, i don't think anyone can tell you.

[...]

Joerg Jooss

None said:
Hi,

Our Website is french website. When we search in google for our
site its showing the title name with some characters like -- droit
propriété industrielle, protection propriétà ... But in our
default.aspx page we given title as droit propriété industrielle,
protection propriété intellectuelle. we have added french encoding
meta tag like below.

charset=iso-8859-1">

But its still not showing exactly what we given in title for
Default.aspx. I have tried this also <meta
http-equiv="content-language" content="FR"> instead of <meta
name="language" content="France, French">. But still its not showing.
What could be the problem. Is i have to add anything extra to get
exact frech characters. If i got solution for this problem then
immediately it will come in Google site or it will take some time.

ASP.NET uses UTF-8 encoding by default. Adding that particular META tag
could break it, if a browser applies the META tag instead of the HTTP
Content-Type's charset attribute.

Can you post the <globalization/> element of your web.config?

Cheers,

None

Hi,

This is my globalization element of my web.config <globalization
requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" />

Thanks,
Vinoth
(e-mail address removed)

Joerg Jooss

None said:
Hi,

This is my globalization element of my web.config <globalization
requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" />
^^^^^

That combined with

charset=iso-8859-1">

won't work. Either remove the META tag or fix it:

charset=utf-8">

Cheers,