    Thanx in advance .
    Regards,
    anup

    anupam, Nov 18, 2004

  2. anupam wrote:

    > Can anybody help me to develope a frequency doubler in Altera CPLD
    > EPM3064ATC100-10. Input freq is 50 Mhz and o/p reqd is 100 Mhz.

    The EPM3064 has no PLL clock generator.
    Consider using an fpga that has one,
    or add one of these to your board:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=PLL programmable clock generator

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Nov 18, 2004

  3. anupam

    john Guest

    Hi,

    I do not think so that u can do frequency doubling!

    Regards
    john

    john, Nov 18, 2004
  4. anupam

    Hal Murray Guest

    >anupam wrote:
    >
    >> Can anybody help me to develope a frequency doubler in Altera CPLD
    >> EPM3064ATC100-10. Input freq is 50 Mhz and o/p reqd is 100 Mhz.

    >The EPM3064 has no PLL clock generator.

    It's possible but very kludgy to do clock doubling by using
    an XOR gate. The doubled clock clocks a FF and the output
    of that FF goes to the XOR. That way you know the clock pulse
    is wide enough to clock a FF.

    --
    The suespammers.org mail server is located in California. So are all my
    other mailboxes. Please do not send unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited

    Hal Murray, Nov 18, 2004
  5. anupam

    john Guest

    Hi again,

    you might want to look into Phase lock Loops ( PLL)...

    Bye

    john, Nov 19, 2004
  6. anupam

    Leon Heller Guest

    "anupam" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Guys,
    > Can anybody help me to develope a frequency doubler in Altera CPLD
    > EPM3064ATC100-10. Input freq is 50 Mhz and o/p reqd is 100 Mhz.

    Best do it with an actual RF 'doubler' - a couple of diodes and a wideband
    balun transformer - followed by an LP filter and simple amplifier stage.

    Leon

    Leon Heller, Nov 19, 2004
  7. anupam

    Eric Smith Guest

    "anupam" <> writes:
    > Can anybody help me to develope a frequency doubler in Altera CPLD
    > EPM3064ATC100-10. Input freq is 50 Mhz and o/p reqd is 100 Mhz.

    Maybe the technique in section 4 of "Six Easy Pieces (Non-Synchronous
    Circuit Tricks)", a Xilinx TechXclusive by Peter Alfke, might be usable?

    Eric Smith, Nov 19, 2004
  8. anupam

    Ken Smith Guest

    In article <419d8e62$0$1821$>,
    Leon Heller <> wrote:
    >"anupam" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi Guys,
    >> Can anybody help me to develope a frequency doubler in Altera CPLD
    >> EPM3064ATC100-10. Input freq is 50 Mhz and o/p reqd is 100 Mhz.

    >Best do it with an actual RF 'doubler' - a couple of diodes and a wideband
    >balun transformer - followed by an LP filter and simple amplifier stage.

    If you are doing it the RF way you need to:

    (1)
    Band pass filter to remove the DC and the harmonics.

    (2)
    Double with a Schottky diode or the like.

    (3)
    Band pass filter to extract just the 100MHz.

    This is a lot of electronics.

    Chances are it would be simpler to make a 100MHz crystal oscillator. If
    the 100MHz really has to be twice the 50MHz (ie: the errors must track)
    you can sync the 100MHz crystal to the 50MHz by coupling in a small spike.

    forging knowledge

    Ken Smith, Nov 20, 2004