Fresh install failed

Xavi Garriga

Hi,

I've donwloaded fresh install of perl 5.6 for Solaris from
Activestate,
and running install script it fails with next message :

Can't locate strict.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/tmp/.TheInstallScriptWasNotRunTheInstallScriptWasNotRunTheInstallScriptWasNotRun-perl/lib/5.6.1/sun4-solaris-thread-multi
/tmp/.TheInstallScriptWasNotRunTheInstallScriptWasNotRunTheInstallScriptWasNotRun-perl/lib/5.6.1
/tmp/.TheInstallScriptWasNotRunTheInstallScriptWasNotRunTheInstallScriptWasNotRun-perl/lib/site_perl/5.6.1/sun4-solaris-thread-multi
/tmp/.TheInstallScriptWasNotRunTheInstallScriptWasNotRunTheInstallScriptWasNotRun-perl/lib/site_perl/5.6.1
/tmp/.TheInstallScriptWasNotRunTheInstallScriptWasNotRunTheInstallScriptWasNotRun-perl/lib/site_perl
..) at /tmp/.TheInstallScriptWasNotRunTheInstallScriptWasNotRunTheInstallScriptWasNotRun-perl/bin/reloc_perl
line 6.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/tmp/.TheInstallScriptWasNotRunTheInstallScriptWasNotRunTheInstallScriptWasNotRun-perl/bin/reloc_perl
line 6.

Install failed, unable to relocate perl!

Thans for your time

Xavier Garriga