    satish Guest

    frns i need a codef for solving common point for three circles pls any
    one help me please
    satish, Dec 13, 2005

  2. satish wrote:

    > frns i need a codef for solving common point for three circles pls any
    > one help me please

    1. please post in standard english
    2. make an attempt at the problem

    For instance try solving the problem with paper and pencil. I'm not
    actually
    sure what "...common point for three circles..." means.

    --
    Nick Keighley
    Nick Keighley, Dec 13, 2005

  3. satish

    Jaspreet Guest

    satish wrote:
    > frns i need a codef for solving common point for three circles pls any
    > one help me please

    English please. Please also send the mail id of your instructor, I
    would send it across directly to him and mark you a copy.
    Jaspreet, Dec 13, 2005
  4. satish

    Joe Estock Guest

    Nick Keighley wrote:
    > satish wrote:
    >

    >>frns i need a codef for solving common point for three circles pls any
    >>one help me please

    > 1. please post in standard english
    > 2. make an attempt at the problem
    >
    > For instance try solving the problem with paper and pencil. I'm not
    > actually
    > sure what "...common point for three circles..." means.

    I think what the OP is asking for is to determine the point at which
    three circles intersect. I've seen this in the various programming
    classes I have attended. It is actually a great learning exercise when
    the student actually does the work themselves instead of hiring someone
    on RentACoder.com to do it for them.

    Furthermore, if you pay attention during class instead of goofing off
    and talking to your friends online then this assignment is rather
    trivial. I'm starting to think that the OP was in my c programming class
    at the college here...he was the guy who was always surfing the web and
    soaking up the high speed connection instead of doing the assignments.

    For the OP:
    Draw three triangles using alphanumeric characters to represent each
    point on the triangle on a piece of paper. Refer to the below illustration.

    a2 b3
    a1
    a3 b2

    c2 c3

    What point do all three triangles share? The same principal applies to
    circles as well as squares, rectangles, etc. Simply iterate throughout
    each circle's points and determine which point combination all three
    circles share. For simplicity, here's a struct to get you started.

    struct point
    {
    int x;
    int y;
    };

    Now use that to contstruct a circle and display it in the terminal. Do
    this for all three circles (using the letter 'a' for the first circle,
    'b' for the second, and 'c' for the third). Visually seeing the common
    point for all three will make it easier for you. Now, go read your book
    on c and give it your best attempt. If you get stuck on something post
    here and let us know what part is confusing you.

    Joe
    Joe Estock, Dec 13, 2005