    dll in the bin directory? if i copy the dll file do i also
    have to copy the aspx and aspx.vb files?

    thanks.

    rom, Dec 16, 2004

  2. rom

    Hans Kesting Guest

    rom wrote:
    > what do i have to more from staging to production every
    > time i make changes? all the files only? what about the
    > dll in the bin directory? if i copy the dll file do i also
    > have to copy the aspx and aspx.vb files?
    >
    > thanks.

    If the change is just in an aspx (or ascx, or config file)
    then you can copy just that file.
    If the change is in code(-behind) then you need to copy
    the compiled dll. You do *not* need to copy .vb (or .cs) files.

    Hans Kesting

    Hans Kesting, Dec 16, 2004

  3. "rom" <> wrote in message
    > what do i have to more from staging to production every
    > time i make changes? all the files only? what about the
    > dll in the bin directory? if i copy the dll file do i also
    > have to copy the aspx and aspx.vb files?

    If you're using Visual Studio.NET, you can use the Project->Copy Project
    command, which has an option to only copy the files needed for the
    application. I often use this command to copy to a dummy location, then
    deploy the files from the dummy location to the staging or production
    server.

    John Saunders

    John Saunders, Dec 16, 2004